Chapter 10-Not Alone

~Back at the Garden~

As Liam turned around to leave, I called back at him, "Wait."

He turned around and looked at me with those chocolate eyes. "What?"

He could tell I was upset. I still tried my best to hide it anyway.

"You're my ride home, remember?"

Ugh! You chicken! Why can't you just tell him how you feel already!

"Oh yeah. I need to get home though, um, why don't you get Harry and we can go?"

Something was up. He always sticks around with me. First not walking me to class. Then ditching me for new girl. I don't want to lose him. I can't. I'll just give him some space to think.

"Actually I think we'll catch a ride with Kayla. I think she's still around."

"Up to you. See you at 4."

It was short and to the point. With a hint of rudeness. He had no right to be rude to me! He was the one forgetting his best friend!

Maybe I'm overreacting. Liam and I never fight! We'll clear things up at FroYo.

I was now alone in the Garden. Not technically, but I felt alone. I'm always with Liam! Yes, I'm independent when I need to be too, but right now I just feel utterly alone.

I closed my book and let out a sigh. Maybe some company with friends right now would help. A break before seeing Liam. I shot Lizzie and Niall texts and patiently waited for their responses.

Sorry babe, just left school. Wanna meet later though?

-N

I'm with Nathan. I can cancel with him though if its a 911?

-LM

I replied back quickly to them. I felt bad for interrupting Liz.

To: Nialler

Wish I asked sooner! Got plans later. I'll see you tomorrow! Love ya! xx

-K

To: Lizzie

No it's totally fine! Go girl! I'm just bored, don't worry. Love ya! xx

They replied:

Alrite see ya babe x

-N

Love ya too :) xx

-LM

Maybe I'll ask Kayla, Harry, and Zayn what they're up to. I mean, they wouldn't mind me. Even though Harry's my brother, we're really close like regular friends.

I gathered my stuff and walked out of the Garden. I looked through the halls and at Kayla's, Harry's, and Zayn's lockers but couldn't find the three anywhere.

Just as I was about to give up, I saw a movement through the window of a classroom. I looked through it and was shocked at what I saw.

Kayla and...HARRY? So this guy Kayla has been hooking up with is my twin brother?

Don't get me wrong, that's kind of weird, but I don't feel...mad. Just surprised I guess. More shocked because they didn't tell us!

Were they like a thing? Or just a fling? This just got me questioning.

I felt absolutely awful for interrupting but I knocked on the door. I heard some scuffling and whispers, but nobody answered the locked door.

"Kayla Marie Crawford and Harry Edward Styles, I know you are in there so open this door right now," I said laughing.