Chapter 21

"Alright." I sit down on the bed next to Lena. "What do you need to tell me?"

"You remember that day we went to the beach?"

"Yeah?"

"A-alright. Well. Remember how there was that lesbian couple that we bought ice cream from?"

"Oh yeah! Dude, that ice cream was so good, like, wow. Blitzenberry vanilla ice cream was the best idea ever-" 

"Focus for a second, Keefe." Lena's voice wavers a bit on her next sentence. "Um, what do you think about it?"

I blink a few times, a bit startled. "Well, I mostly know nothing about it, except that if a guy loves a guy then they're gay, if a girl loves a girl then they're lesbian."

Lena chuckles a bit. "There's a lot more to learn, but anyways, continue."

"I was a bit surprised to learn that it was pretty common, but I guess royalty thinks that it's 'wrong'? I don't think that it's wrong. People should be able to love whoever they want to."

"Okay, phew." Lena looks immensely relieved. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"Anyways, what's your point?" I glance over at her, and she gives me jazz hands as she answers.

"Um, I'm lesbian."

Oh, so that's why she was making out with a maid. 

I stare at her in shock for a few seconds, letting the sentence register in my brain. Then I laugh a little. "Well, that explains a lot."

Lena lets out a sigh and hugs me tightly, her hair puffing into my face. "Oh, thank goodness."

I gently disentangle myself from her arms. "What, you thought I would be mad? Also, why are you telling me this now? Why not earlier?"

"Well, I was hella anxious, okay? I didn't know how you would react, so I wanted to tell you before I left." She frowns and stares at the ground, "My ride arrives in half-an-hour."

"Ugh, how did time pass by so fast?"  I poke her cheek. "It feels like you just got here. Anyways, are you all packed?"

"Yeah."

"Did you say goodbye to everyone else?"

"Yeah."

"Well then," I stand, grabbing her hand, "Let's go have some fun!"

We arrive in Atlantis, and spend time looking around a pet shop, before we leap back to the palace.

I trail after her as she heads to her room in the guest wing, and pause in the doorway as she gathers her bags. She's left the room completely spotless, with the bedcovers folded and everything. Forkle would be proud.

"A little help, Keefie?"

I startle from my daze as she struggles, trying to hold her four bags. I swoop in like the graceful savior that I am, taking her rolling luggage bags and letting her carry her other things.

I lightly kick the bag. "Fuck, this is heavy. What's in it?"

Lena laughs, patting me on the shoulder. Then she stares me in the eye, looking dead inside. "Two full bags of outfits."

Women are terrifying.

We make our way into the main atrium, where the huge Leapmaster hands down from the ceiling. Lena calls out the name of the Foxfire estate, her words ringing through the open space, and a crystal seperates from the rest, reflecting a beam of light at us.