Chapter 11

I smoothly run a hand through my hair, smiling. "Damn." I wink, posing a little bit. I give the smallest pout, playing with the open button of my shirt.

I let my eyes widen a little, the flutter my eyelashes a bit, quirking up one side of my mouth. "You know what, how about we go on a-"

"Keefe, this is just an idea, but maybe you could stop posing in front of the mirror and get moving?" Dex asks.

"Dizznee, you don't know anything about flirting." I reply, still standing in front of my mirror.

"But why are you flirting with yourself?"

"A guy needs some self-esteem, okay?"

I can hear some annoyed mumbling outside my door, and then Dex speaks again.

"But why do you need to practice flirting? I mean, you're already hot-"

"Aw, Dexie, did you just call me hot?"

 "Like the girls think you're hot! You also already went on dates and formed connections with a few of them."

"True. But I'm planning to randomly take a girl on a date. I don't know her all that well."

"Keefe, you could honestly jun run your hand through your hair and wink at anyone, and they'd be in love with you." Dex grumbles.

I've done that to both Fitz and Lena, and neither of them are in love with me, so. 

"Thanks!" I chirp, quickly styling my hair into perfection. Then I run out of my room, followed by a slightly annoyed Dex.

I go to the Women's room, where I know all the Selected are, and enter, with a smile on my face.

"Biana, love, could you take care of Dex for me?" I wave a hand at the strawberry-blond boy behind me, who Biana quickly attacks, joined by Sophie.

Sophie hugs Dex, while Biana steps back, thinking. "Can I give him a makeover?" she asks.

I take the arm of the girl I had asked on a date earlier that day. "Knock yourself out." I tell the girls, who squeal. 

The girl who I'm going on a date with is named Mila. She's pretty, with long light brown hair and powder blue eyes, she's energetic, with a bubbliness that makes me smile.

Our date is a picnic by the riverside. 

Mila lets her feet dangle in the water as she talks to me. We talk about our lives, random events, and tell each other jokes.

And as much as I like her. . .

I still don't feel an attraction to her.  

Which is annoying. 

So that night, I dismiss her. I avoid her gaze as I say it, feeling sad. Why am I sad? The point is to eliminate people. 

I rescue Dex from Biana and Sophie, and his hair is styled in a way that makes him look more mature, and nearly all the girls go, "Awwww!" 

Honestly, they did well. Dex looks good like this.

I cough. "Ahem." 

"Sorry Keefe," Dex smiles at me, "But it looks like they love me more."

I stumble backwards, putting a hand to my heart. "Betrayal! Girls, I thought you loved me! Nooooo!"

I collapse to the floor to the floor, and Lena runs over to me, pretending to do CPR. 

"No, Sencen, don't die on me!" Lena shakes me.

"Lena," I whisper, and she leans closer. "Tell the c-cooks that I love their food."

Then I let my head loll of to the side, closing my eyes.

"Nooooo!" Lena sobs. I let out a little 'oof' as she dramatically falls onto me, "I was supposed to kill you, not Dex!"

Finally, I know who my murderer is!

I hear soft footsteps coming over to me, and then someone presses a kiss to my cheek.

I let a moment or two pass, then take a breath. 

Then I shove Lena off of me, rising up and screaming, "I'M ALIIIIVE!"

The girls are clustered near me, and I notice Linh hanging in the back, her brother giving me a steely glare. Focus on the girls.

Most of the girls are cracking up, but I see Sophie in front of me, and I blush when I realize that she must've kissed me on the cheek.

I take her hand, "Foster, you saved me! How can I ever repay you?"

Sophie 'hmm's in thought. "Take me on another date?"

"Eh," I shrug, "I think I've already gone on dates with everyone. But sure, sometime soon."

Then I try my best to glare at Dex. "And this traitor," I point a finger at him, "shall be executed!"

Dex collapses to his knees, "Nooo!" He gives my puppy eyes, and I sigh, unable to handle how cute they are.

"Fine, fine, you get a choice in your death. Being left out in the cold to freeze, being hung, or being my friend."

"Hmm." Dex ponders this, "Well, I know how to regulate my body temperature, so I can't freeze to death. I know how to levitate, so hanging won't really matter. But being your friend - that's the worst one of all!"

I gasp, "That offends me! I sentence you to being my friend." I clap him on the back, and he gives me a crooked smile.

Later, in the evening, I'm walking back to my room when a figure melts out of the shadows.

I only know one Shade in this palace, so what does he want now? He's so annoying.

"Bangs Boy." I frown.

"Princey." He frowns back at me, "What did you do this time?"

I'm taken aback, "What do you mean?"

"I- well-" Tam runs a hand over his face, "I know it's about something you did."

"Ugh, stop with the suspense and tell me already."

"Fine." Tam faces me, his eyes silver steel. 

"Linh's crying. And it's because of something you did."

~~~~~~~~~ AUTHOR'S NOTE ~~~~~~~~~

So, I put some Keefex, some Dex x everygirlinKOTLC, and a bit of Sokeefe.

Something's up with Linh - what do you guys think?

Honestly, the part I loved most about this chapter was Keefe's drama, hehe.

I hope you guys liked the chapter!