q&a - answers!

A figure walks into a dark room. Upon flicking the switch, we can see that it's a tall teenage girl, with wavy black hair, light brown skin, and glasses, who waves.

"Hi! I'm Sofia, the author of this story." She introduces. "Since we reached 1K reads, you guys get to ask some questions!" 

She hits a panel of switches, and the lights flicker on, showing the characters calmly sitting in their seats, in separate rooms. Why are they in separate rooms?

Because some of the questions might be a little personal.

Sofia reaches into a hat filled with slips of paper. "First question is for-"

Keefe smirks, running a hand through his hair. "Me, obviously."

The host sighs. "Yeah, fine. Anyways, here's a question from 2CatMeowMeow13: at this point, who do you think will end up being your Selected?"

Keefe frowns, lost in thought. "To be honest. . . I really like Sophie? I think that out of my choices, she's the best one, even if she still doesn't feel like the right one."

Sofia leans forward. "So are you saying that you think you'll fall in love with someone else? Possibly. . . someone outside of the Selection?"

Keefe shrugs. "I have no idea.

Sofia sighs. "Alright then. Next question's for Linh."

The host teleports to Linh's room, just to find Linh up and about, playing with the water in a small aquarium.

"Uh, Linh?" Sofia mumbles, "There's a question for you."

"Oooh!" Linh beams, walking back to her chair and sitting down. "What is it?"

"Okay, so 2CatMeowMeow13 asked you this: How do you feel about having Tam as your bodyguard in the castle all the time?"

"I mean. . ." Linh paused, "He's doesn't follow me around everywhere. Just most of the time. At this point, it's more like he's staying in the castle as Keefe's friend rather than my bodyguard. But the thought of him being there is really comforting, because he's my twin, and we stick together."

"Aw, that's so sweet." Sofia sniffles. "And speaking of your twin, let's go ask Tam some questions!"

When she gets to Tam's room, Sofia stumbles around a bit before she gains her bearings. 

"Ugh, Tam, why is it so dark in here?" she grumbles, turning on the lights.

Tam hisses from inside a shadow cocoon.

"Anyways!" she claps her hands, pulling out a slip of paper. "Question from 2CatMeowMeow13: What's your real opinion of Keefe?"

Tam sighs, exiting his shadow burrito and sitting down on his chair. "I mean, he's not as annoying as he seems. All the ridiculous things he does makes me laugh, even though I can tell that he's hiding something behind all of his jokes. And I guess he looks okay?"

"Okay?" Sofia prompts, wiggling her eyebrows.

Tam scowls at her. "Yeah."

"Mhm, sure." She says absentmindedly, reaching into the hat again. "Another question for you! This is from chronic_dreamer: On a scale of one to five (five being invade Russia in winter), how bad is admitting your feelings for anyone?"