25

Decades past, many have changed. Some for the greater good, while some are for the worst. Behind the glory, there is corruption. Behind the smiles there are schemes. Rumors spread like wildfire, the hot topic was about the Yiling patriarch killing the young master of Lanling Jin, Jin Zixuan by ordering the fierce corpse Wen Ning. The cultivation world was in an uproar and in search of him to hand over the Wen siblings to the Lanling Jin sect. Wei Wuxian was strongly against the idea but was stopped by both the siblings and turn themselves in and surrendered. However, the Fierce Corpse Wen Ning went on a rampage and killed some of the Lanling Jin Sect cultivators that ultimately lead to the decision to kill both of the siblings.

The siblings put Wei Wuxian into a state of a deep sleep, only to wake up by nightfall. Everything was turned into a ruin, those that he tried to save were now either dead or imprisoned. Wei Wuxian's state of mind is starting to crumble, he can only seek shelter to that place.

Wei Wuxian left the ruined village he tried to build in the burial mounds and set off towards the unmarked mountain that they visited decades ago. The vegetation was untouched and wild, if it wasn't because of the unusual depletion of Qi in the area, he wouldn't be able to see the entrance. he slowly opened the blockage on the entrance, carefully as if he feared to wake up the person resting on the inside of the cave. He lights up a torch and walks down the path that feels slightly familiar to him. Past the forked path, heading to the right, a red begonia flower leaning to the left, tunnels, familiar stone blocks and more was what he saw before he finally gets to his final destination.

Stalactites grew from the ceiling of the caves as well as the stalagmites. Begonia flowers on full bloom even though without the light of the sun. Grass and flowers were rich with Qi, making Wei Wuxian thought that the Qi helps those plants to grow. His eyes went and look at the lone black rosewood coffin that is resting in the middle of the begonia flowers. His steps were quiet and slow, his mind remembering his memories with the person inside the coffin, making his eyes feel irritated and watery. He bit his lower lip, feeling remorseful about his stupid decision back then and losing the person he holds dear in his life.

"Jiejie... You promised to look after me... and save me... You were there for me when we were in war... and yet... and yet I still lost you... because of my stupid mistake. Apologizing will get me nowhere... Even in the past decades, whenever we try to reach for you to call you and hear your response... we still cannot reach you... Jiejie... where are you now? I-I... I'm scared..."- Wei Wuxian whispered with an exhausted tone as he slowly kneels beside the coffin and rested his forehead against the smooth, cold, and hard, wood. 

"People ruining my reputation, Tainting my name, and calling me the villain. I lived my life unrestrained, not caring about their criticisms and braving my way ever since..."

Silence...

"Jiejie... I'm tired..."- Wei Wuxian spoke in an almost inaudible tone as he lay down beside the coffin. The ground of dirt and grass was humid and damp, some clinging to his black robes as he stared at the ceiling and continue to reminisce about the past. 

"The years that went by... I only have one regret..."- Wei Wuxian spoke, his eyes tear upon the thought he held dearly ever since.

"The words of love I long to speak, the words of comfort I long to hear... Even when the years have gone by, You're the only one I will cherish."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.