10

I watched idly as Childe Wei exchanges blows with my sword powered with my Qi.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE HIM MORE TIME TO PRACTICE?! XIAO SHE! A WAR WILL HAPPEN! HE'LL BE ON AN DISADVANTAGIOUS SIDE!"- I glared at the shackled snake on my foot. The shackles were made by my Qi, she cannot wriggle her way out no matter what.

"Master! They've been running around this whole time! When will they have the time to practice and cultivate?!" Xiao She cried out.

"Maybe now because I'm here! I really regret not going out of my way to get to Childe Wei! Where is his cultivation rank?! STILL AT QI CREATION RANK! IF CHILDE WEI MET A MISHAP! I'LL BLAME IT ALL ON YOU!"- I glared at her in irritation before looking back to Childe Wei.

"AND YOU! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CONFESS YOUR WRONG DOINGS? MAKING ME WORRIED FOR NOTHING! YOURE ASKING FOR MY ANGER!"- I harrumphed as I lash out on my swinging sword.

"AIYO! JIEJIE DON'T BE TOO HARSH ON ME! AI! AI! STOP FOR A MOMENT PLEASE!!! JIEJIE!!!"- I glared at his form while folding my arms together.

"Suit yourself! I know youre chivalrous- BUT FACING DANGER WITH ONLY YOURSELF AND CHILDE LAN ALONE! WHAT ARE YOU? A TWO-MAN ARMY?! RIDICULOUS!"- I shouted and send a wave of Qi to my sword and it flashes with a speed of light. I watched as Childe Wei hurriedly tried to deflect the attacks until he suddenly trips and fall down on his back. I immediately stopped the sword as it stilled a few hair's breathe away from his nose. He was catching his breathe and sweating all over.

I sighed and walk towards him, swivelling my sword away from him and putting it back to its sheath before crouching down next to him.

"Childe Wei, We have alot of things to catch up on."- I said as I took a wet and cool towel from my space and give it to him, watching with a little humor on my eyes as he just mindlessly slaped it on his whole face. Shaking my head in resignation, I pushed his sleeves up and took another cool towel and wipe his arms and hands gently.

"Jiejie~ How come youre suddenly so strong?"- I blinked and look at Childe Wei's face. His head tilted to the left while looking at me- with him acting cute and adorable. I rolled my eyes heavenwards before putting away the towel I was holding.

"Sudden? If I remember correctly, we haven't met for the past 12 yrs. How is that sudden?"- I asked reaching out to smoothen his long hair softly.

"Hmmm.... because I cultivated all my life, I'm now in Qi Creation Rank, But Jiejie was 14 that time when you started to cultivate and now youre already manifestation rank, Isn't that sudden?"- He asked me. I arched a brow at him.

"If youre truly curious, please behave yourself, because if not, stop acting coquettishly and stand up, You should eat first before we start training again."- I said and stood up, he just whine like a little child throwing his tantrum.

"Jiejie~ Im so tired! Carry me!"- I arched a brow at him.

"I won't take that as a joke, are you sure you want me to carry you, Childe Wei?"- I challenged him. He paused for a bit and look at me with upturned eyes and pouting lips. I stood my ground.

"On the other hand, no thanks. Jiejie youre no fun,"- He pouted and sit up. I only gave him a small smile and leaning down to pat his head.

"How I wish Childe Wei is but a mere child. Obliviously, curious and always happy. But the time cannot turn back, youre already old enough to cultivate and hold the sword. To know what is right and what is wrong, to judge your actions not going against your morals. Childe Wei, I'm sorry. I was too late to come back... the promises I made with you before... I do not know if I could do it with you,"- I sighed and stood up, looking at the vast horizon of the wasteland. Sigh... the fun of having a childhood memory... I do hope Little Jun and his little brother have that experience.