22

The night was quiet, Wen Chao was busy drinking and eating by himself inside the main room. The scream of his "beloved" could be heard mixed with a shrill scream and pig squeal that irritated him.

"SERVANTS! Silence that bitch for me!"- Wen Chao ordered yet nobody came. His temper rose and pushed the food off the table, shouting for the servants to come... yet there was still no one that came.

A gust of strong wind opened the heavy doors of his room and blew out the candles' fire. Wen Chao, still drunk spoke.

"I told you, to make that bitch quiet, not go inside my room, bastards,"- He said and pour himself a cup of wine.

There was no reply when he look up, he saw his "beloved" walking towards him... all bloodied up and.... dead. The sound of eerie music coming from a flute echoed through the night. Wen Chao doesn't know why but it was affecting him, attacking his mind! Making him dizzy and confused. He looks up and saw his "beloved" reaching her hand to him,

skin pale and gray like ash, eyes dead, blood dripping from her nose and hair all disheveled. Wen Chao felt fear for the first time but its not from his father or his brother... Driving by his fear, he unsheathed his sword with a cry.

" I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!"- He shouted and pointed the sword to the dead woman. He shouted and shouted multiple times yet the corpse keeps advancing, staring dead set to his own eyes.

"Help... Help me.....Please help me....."- The Corpse said looking at Wen Chao,

"AAAH!"- He thrust his sword through her chest, blood spill from the wound, and the sword... But she keeps advancing, driving Wen Chao to the corner. Wen Chao's hand shook as he stared at the corpse's eyes.

-

Wen Chao's beloved was actually still alive and was being haunted by the people she killed inside her own room, just like Wen Chao... Hallucinating, or was it all just a hallucination?

Priceless ceramics, make up, and other expensive gifts that Wen Caho gave her were all smashed and destroyed. Driven inside by these drastic things, she grabbed a broken pot and carved on her face, laughing like a madman while crying trying to make up for all her mistakes.

In the end, She died after she hangs herself.

Wen Chao was also driven insane, inside the room he was inside, he was kneeling on the floor asking for forgiveness and telling the "ghosts" that Wen Zhuili killed them and not him, continuously kowtowing to the floor.

Wei Wuxian stared at the escaping Wens, before going towards the back to find Huatian.

"Master, The Young master will be here in few seconds,"- Xiao she told her as she clings to her wrist, She laid the injured and the half-awake, delirious captives on the floor, letting them get a breather outside the despicable torture rooms. Huatian hummed at her and stood up. The servants and guards that were guarding the dungeon were either killed by poison, hanged, drowned, and pierced through their heads. They shared the work as siblings after all.

"There are a group of cultivators going towards this location, Hurry and look for the Young master, I do not know if there are a friend of or a foe,"- Xiao She said. Huatian immediately spotted Wei Wuxian and they escaped towards the forest, going far away from the place.

The Unknown group Xiao She was talking about was Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji's group and few cultivators that were supposed to kill the people inside the place.

"It seems that the mission was accomplished, by someone unknown,"- Jiang Cheng said and look at Lan Wangji. They have seen papers stuck on the walls, windows, and doors and they identified that as a reversed talisman that summon the evil.

.

.

.

.

.

"Jiejie, is it okay to let Wen Qing left on the dungeon and the rest to just die?"- Wei Wuxian asked her,

"A-xian, do not see me as a cruel person, but they will not be able to be of use to the ones with power, they will just look benevolent but they were actually looking for more manpower to waste for the Sunshot Campaign against the Qishen Wen Sect."- She said and he nodded,

"They are also weak and mentally off, if you try to make them live back they way they used to, It might do more harm than good,"- She added.

"Where to next?"- Huatian asked him after they replenished the energy they used from the earlier fight.

"Towards Qishan Jiejie, to the death of Qishan Wen Sect!"- Wei Wuxian said with red glowing eyes, Huatian smiled and nodded. Riding Xiao, She's back towards the Qishan Wen sect, they slaughtered the high-rank cultivators that were roaming around the forest.

The night was filled with terrifying screams and horrific murder, Huatian put back her cleaned golden whip and look back at Wei Wuxian who was resting below a tree. She walks towards him with a white clean towel and bent down to wipe off the blood and dirt from his face, neck, and hands.

"Jiejie,"- Wei Wuxian opened his eyes and stare at her, She only returned a smile and continued her actions.

"Your towel is now dirty,"- He mumbled, Huatian chuckled and throw it away towards the back of the shrubs.

"It's only a useless towel, seeing A-Xian clean is more appealing,"- She teased him and pull him up. The sun has already risen, and they ate a few meat buns together. They were now ready to go.

"Master,"- Xiao She appeared and both look at her small form,

"The one you both said was your target, is still inside Yunmeng, lurking inside the courier station."- Xiao She said.

"I see... Shall we go?"- Huatian looks up and saw Wei Wuxian looking at her with that kind of gaze that has a bad feeling for her.

"A-Xian-"

"Jiejie, I want you to go to Qishan Sect, and wait for me,"- Huatian felt a heavy stone was placed on her shoulders, she glared at him and shook her head.

"I don't want!"- she said shaking her head.

"Jiejie you-"

"NO!"

"No I don't want to- mnn?!"- Huatian was still keeping her stubbornness before she got kissed on the lips by the same guy she called brother by sect- WEI WUXIAN!

Her cheeks flushed bright red as she stared back at him with wide eyes and moist lips. Wei Wuxian smiled a cheeky smile before hugging her.

"I'll come for you, leave something for me okay?"- He asked her with a sweet voice, Huatian felt herself melt and nodded her head,

"O-Okay,"- She said and stare at him as he rushes back to Yunmeng.

"M-Master... do-does this means that you and young master will be-"- Xiao She tried to inquire,

"Mhm~ Let's go to Qishan, I feel so lively today,"- She said and they rushed towards Qishan's villages near the sect, purging everything and using gas-type of poisons to create an instant kill and weakened enemies for her to enjoy slaughtering till Wei Wuxian come back.

The Nightfall, Jiang Cheng, and Lan Wangji witnessed from the roof the regressed and fearful state of Wen Chao with Wen Zhuili treating his extreme wounds. Suddenly the strong wind opened the windows and blew the candle's fire, followed by a flute's music, making the fearful Wen Chao jump and cry himself off.

Wen Chao was driven mad and crazy gripping on Wen Zhuili's robe and wanting to go back to Qishan as soon as possible, but their conversation was cut short when the door opened with an eerie sound, They all watched as everything unfolds before their eyes as a silhouette appeared and someone came inside in a slow steady and leisure pace towards their location.

From above they saw a man in a red inner robe and black outer robe, with an obsidian flute with green tassel. It was... WEI WUXIAN.