11

We went to the recieving hall and greeted Master Feng, Madame Yu, Childe Cheng and Lady Yanli. Seeing my reddened eyes, Madame Yu immediately gets distressed.

"Child why did you cry? Your eyes are red and swollen! YOU! WHAT DID YOU DO TO LIANHUA TO MAKE HER CRY? YOURE ALWAYS INSENSITIVE! ALWAYS BRINGING TROUBLES!"- Madame Yu immediately berated Childe Wei but I immediately went up and ease her.

"Madame Yu, Its not Childe Wei's fault. Please don't accuse him. Its my fault don't get him mixed in,"- I said looking at him with a small smile. She calmed down a little not before glaring back at Childe Wei... I was helpless at her antics.

She looks back at me, looking up and down before looking at the rabbit resting on my arms.

"Take that cloak off, so cheap, I'll give you a new one instead! And that rabbit, I won't let it stay on the Lotus Cove! Throw it out!"- my lips pursed as I look at my peripheral vision and saw Childe Wei looking away. She's gone too far. These are gifts from Childe Wei! I will cherish it! And its not for her to decde what to do with these things.

"Madame Yu," I used my solemn voice and stood straight before them. Her eyes soften and look at me almost dotingly, Youre being too Biased.

"Child, give those to me okay? I'll give you a more refined cloak and useful pet instead,"

"MADAME YU!"- I raised my voice and look at her seriously. She quiet down and stared at me.

"I maybe your adopted child but I am not one, don't treat me as a helpless person. The cloak and rabbit are gifts given by Childe Wei to me. Its up to me to decide how to deal with them, its out of your business. And showing your unreasonable side to Childe Wei while I'm present, aren't you afraid I'll retaliate? The original plan was I to be his Servant, I am still one, albeit with noble status. Please conduct your attitude with him while I'm present."- I bow down before turning around and tugging Childe Wei back to my courtyard. Yi was capable and go out to make tea and light snacks for us to enjoy.

Setting Xiao She and the little rabbit on the bed, I turn back to face him who was trying to sneak out.

"Childe Wei,"- He stiffened up and slowly turned to look at my way. I offered the sit on the table located near the open window, he reluctantly moved his feet towards my location and slump on the chair.

I slowly and carefully untied the cloak and fold it neatly, Yi came back and set the tray of tea pot and tea cups, serving us both. Other female servants placed the trays of light snacks on the table. I gave the cloak to Yi and they retreated after. I took the tea cup and gently take a sip, *sigh* good tea.

"Jiejie...."

"Childe Wei, Don't you have something to tell me?"- I asked while not looking at him.

"Jiejie~"- he whined as he moved his chair closer to mine. I ignored him,

"Jiejie you need to stay behind and guard the Lotus Cove,"- His solemn voice rung inside my room that made me snapped my eyes open and turn to him with a glare.

"Want me to stay behind? I spent 12 years not able to stay by your side and lending my pet protect you, I give up my life to be your servant! The one you'll lean on and will protect you no matter what! But now! You want me to stay here and guard them?!"- I striked my palm on the table.

"Jiejie... please understand.... I have to do this,"- I clenched my fist as I gritted my teeth together.

"Oh? So when did you become a re-owned hero? Who was the person that appointed you to sacrifice yourself? Who has the authority to make you surrender your life to death? Who! Tell me and I'll give that person a taste of 7 levels of hell!"- I shouted as I put my hands on his shoulders.

"I don't care whose your priority! I don't care what you want to do! But this! Sacrificing yourself for the better good of their sake, They can't save themselves? You have to fight death for them? Why? Are their souls priceless jades that cannot be scratched? Very fragile and cannot be tainted? CHILDE WEI! THERE'S ONLY YOU! AND YOURE FACING A RUTHLESS CLAN! CAN YOU JUST STEP BACK AND LET ME FIGHT FOR YOU?!"- I shook his shoulders hard as tears fell down my eyes again.

"My life! Its all in your hands! I'm at your disposal! Can't you stop facing death already? Can't you stop and look back that there's someone who is supporting you and doesn't want anything to happen to you! Childe Wei! Please!"- I begged him as I clinged on his arms.

"Lianhua Jiejie.... that's not what I want...."- I look up and stared at his serious face through my blurry vision. I bit my lower lip as I pound my fist on his chest. One... two... three... until I lost count of it.

"Jiejie..."

"CHILDE WEI! I CARE FOR YOU! I WANT YOU SAFE AND SOUND! I WANT YOU LIVING A CAREFREE AND HAPPY LIFE! AWAY FROM THE FIGHTS! AWAY FROM WARS! AWAY FROM OTHER'S SCHEMES! PLEASE BACK DOWN AND LET ME FIGHT FOR YOU!"- I cried hard as I cluctched on his robe.

"..... I won't do that... I won't agree."- I cried harder in frustration as I pound my fists on his chest again.

"STUBBORN FOOL! IDIOT! REALLY A TROUBLESOME PERSON! CAN'T YOU SEE YOURE ONLY BRINGING THESE PEOPLE TO THE DEATH'S DOOR BECAUSE OF YOUR DECISIONS?!"- I sniffled as I tried to stop my crying, I can't convince a stubborn person with just tears and pity.

"...."

"What?"- I look up and stared at him with wide eyes. He only smiled and brush my hair between his fingers.

"Jiejie... You should sleep now, its already late"- Without another word, he pulled me and carry me in his arms again, walking towards my inner room before gently placing me to the bed.

"Childe Wei we're-"- I tried to protest but he didn't stop, pulling my covers till it reaches my neck,

"Childe Wei-"

"You should stop calling me that you know, Jiejie? Hmm.... How about you call me "Xianxian" instead? Okay? If you use "Childe Wei" on addressing me, I'll ignore you"- W-Why are you acting like youre repriminding a small child?! (ಥ_ಥ)。

"Ai, Jiejie, look at you, crying so hard for a long time, Your pretty eyes are already swollen and red! Not pretty,"- My brows srcunched up and sniffled again, muttering under my breathe on accusing him because of my appearance. He just waved it off and called Yi to hand him a cool towel. When I saw him wanting to put the cool towel before my eyelids, I stopped him immediately.

"Don't want!"

"Jiejie! You have too!"

"Don't want! Don't want!"- I said indignantly and turn away from him with a huff.

"Jiejie... if you don't put this, I'll.... run away and won't see you anymo-"

"No!"- I jumped up from my bed and clinged at his arms tightly, refusing to let go!

"Okay, Okay. I won't run away, Jiejie looks like a small scared kid, hahaha!"- I glared at him as he laughed at me. He delivered me again to my bed and put the covers back to my neck, then putting the cool towel to my eyes.

I grasped on his sleeves and didn't let go even when he tried to gently shake my hold off. I tugged him harder and he get the hint, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Lay down"

"Jiejie Im not that too shameless to sleep next to a woman. Madame Yu will kill me!"- He said jokingly.

"I'm willing and its none of her business. Its not improper at all."- I cannot see his reaction, but his body turn rigid, I waited for his words but he was silent the whole time. When I tried to peek at him, he suddenly moved and put my arms back down.

"Sleep Jeijie, We can talk more tomorrow,"- He said to me,

"Sleep here! If youre uncomfortable on my bed, I'll order Yi to give you another set! You can't go out of this room tonight!"

"Dont be unreasonable Jiejie!"

"I'm not!"- I stubbornly refuted, he sighed in exasperation before scooting closer to my pillow,

"I'll sleep here, but so you know, I'm sleeping in sitting position, because Jiejie is unreasonable!"- I just smiled and let sleep consume me.

Its a great day...