15~It's Swagger

DeNiro household

Y/N woke up the next day with a huge smile on her face. She basically flew downstairs while whistling a random tune. She slid into the kitchen to find her mother making breakfast.
"woah! Why are you awake so early? And why are you so happy?" Dana asked.
"no reason" Y/N smiled and a light blush appeared on her cheeks, remembering the events of last night. Even though it wasn't much, it still meant a lot to her. She's never felt this way about anyone before. Of course she's had crushes in the past but, non of them ever felt like this. Dana noticed her daydream and stopped what she was doing.
"Okay, do you have a boyfriend?" she asked her daughter.
"What?" Y/N asked snapping out of her trance.
"Well, the other day, you asked me about liking a guy and ever since then you've been really happy and cheerful" she said
"Okay, listen, it's..." Y/N thought for a second not knowing how to word it.
"it's complicated, I like him and he likes me. We're going on a date this week but I don't know if we can date each other" she explained to Dana.
"What do you mean 'you don't know if you can date each other'? Is he a lot older than you? Hun, it's okay if he's older than you but as long as he's not too much old-"
"Momma! No, he's like a year older than me. It's just... I don't know if you'll like him, that's all"
"I'm sure we'll love him" Dana said as she then continued to make the breakfast.

The DeNiros were sat down, eating breakfast, just talking about life.
"So, Y/N, what have you been up to recently?" Robert asked her.
"uhhh, nothing" she replied as she took a sip of her drink.
"well, rumour has it, you went out somewhere last night" he said which made Y/N choke on her drink.
"what? How do you-"
"I saw you and Swagger go out." he explained to her.
"oh umm, I uhh..." she trailed off not knowing what to say
"don't worry, you're not in trouble, I'm just glad you went out with someone. Responsible. So... Where did you go?" he asked to which her mother replied before she could.
"she went out to meet a boy" Dana said as she smirked and watched Y/N blush and look down at her food.
"Y/N..." Robert started, making her look up at him
"what's his name?" he asked. Not knowing what to say, she just gulped and opened her mouth.
"uhhhh..."
"Boss, sorry to interrupt, but uhh, Fat Sam is here, uhh, he said they found out about him." Mully said as he stood at the door of the dining room. Some of the guys would come to the house early in the morning to talk about business.
Robert stood up and whipped his mouth. He kissed Dana on top of her head and then pointed to Y/N.
"We're gonna talk about this later" he told her as she let out a relieved laugh, knowing that she had a bit of time to think about what to tell them.
"So... Who is it?" Dana asked with excitement on her face.
"uhhh..." she trailed off. How was she supposed to answer that? She wasn't the best at coming up with things on the spot, but, she never usually needed to. Usually she would just tell the truth because why would she need to lie?
"Y/N come on, you can tell me, is it one of the boys?" Dana asked
"ha, yeh, it is" a voice said from the doorway. They both looked over to see Swagger leaning on the door frame.
Y/N smiled at him, thanking him for saving her from the conversation.
"Which one? Is it Eddie? Mully?" Dana tried to guess. She never lost any excitement in the process.
"uhh, no it's umm..." Y/N tried to think of the most believable person.
"It's Swagger" she said looking straight at him for approval.
"Swagger?" Dana asked. He looked straight into her eyes, knowing that if he said anything other than yes, she would know something was up.
"Yeh... She likes me" Swagger said with a gulp.

~~For the next few days, it was a lot of sneaking around, a lot of lies and a lot of close calls.~~

Thursday-5:30 pm

(that's what you wear

(that's what you wear... Or not, I can't force you to wear it)

"do you not want to wear something more fancy?" Dana asked as Y/N jogged down the stairs.
"okay, Momma... I'm going on a date, not to an awards show, this is okay" she said as gestured to her outfit. Her mother just put her hands up in defence and mouthed 'okay' as she walked off.
Y/N went to her dad's office, in an attempt to find Swagger.
"Dad, do you know where Swagger is?" she asked.
"No, why?" he asked, not looking up from whatever he was working on.
"uhhh... My date, you know the one you and Momma haven't stopped talking about?" she said, making him look up as he remembered.
"oh yeh, you look nice" he said as he went back to doing his work.
"Thank you" she said with a smile and she walked away. She knew her dad was busy with work a lot. She never got angry at him for it but she missed him a lot.

Y/N eventually found Swagger walking out of a spare bathroom.
"Oh, finally, there you are, come on" she said as she grabbed his hand and walked out the house.
"what? Where are we going?" he asked in confusion.
"you're dropping me off to my date"
"ugh, why do I have to?"
"maybe because they still think that it's us two going on a date together and it might be a bit weird if you're still at home while I'm on my date" she said to him as she got in the passenger side of his car. He just rolled his eyes and got in the drivers side and off they went.

(this chapter is more of just a filler chapter so I'm sorry about that. I'm also sorry about the skip over the few days, I usually don't like skipping days but I didn't want to make it too long and I didn't want you guys to wait any longer. I promise, the next chapter will be more eventful. Thanks for reading 😁)