Chapter 21: Picture Worth A Thousand Words

~Jaime's POV~

I finally have my plan together. They think I'm crazy, the way I obsess over them, but it's just paying attention. Which is what has got me the information I needed for this to work. It's not exactly stalking or anything, just knowing where they are, and what they're doing, or rather, who they're doing.

I know what I need to know to take them down. How could they expect to go along with their school lives, constantly sitting at the top? Sometimes you fall! And now I'll be the one giving them the push from the top of the cliff. How would I do this? Simple.

I was currently sitting in Alex Gaskarth's bedroom. I was at the desk, waiting for him to come home. And no, before you ask, I did not break in to his house. Being as we used to be friends, his mother let me in. Does she even realise that Alex and I don't get along at all anymore ever since he betrayed me. Over the years, she had grown to love me. I wouldn't be surprised if she let me in and do what I want just because she still sees me as 'that sweet young boy'.

"Hey mum," I heard his voice along with the sound of the door closing from downstairs. He's home.

"Hi honey," she replied. Alex must have moved fast, because she didn't tell him I was here yet. I heard him from outside the room. I stayed sitting with my back to the door.

The door knob rattled, followed by the sound of the door opening.

"What the fuck?!" Alex yelled when he noticed my presence. I spun myself around on the chair so I would face him.

"Hello Alex," I greeted with a smile, soon realising that the chair wouldn't stop spinning. "Shit," I said to myself as I tried to stop it, looking awkward, and ruining the effect.

"How the hell did you get in here?" he asked, freaking out.

"Your mum let me in," I replied causally. "She really is a lovely lady."

"Get out!" Alex shouted at me distressed.

"Hold on," I stopped him. "Are you sure you want me to go? You haven't even got the chance to find out why I'm here."

He let out a sigh. "What do you want?"

"How's Tay?" I asked casually, leaning back on the chair, careful this time not to stuff it up.

"She's great," he said, obviously getting annoyed by me.

"And Jack?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

His eyes widened before trying to act normal. "I'm sure he's fine."

"I was wondering..." I said as if deep I thought. "Has Jack had any girlfriends recently? He's a pretty popular guy and all, I've seen girls all around him. I was just wondering why nothing ever happens with him on the lady front. Because, I know they're willing, and I'm sure he would be too."

"I don't know," he answered annoyed.

"You guys are pretty close," I stated. "I'm sure he would have talked to you about it."

"Get to the point, Jaime," he said though clenched teeth.

"You know what I'm getting at," I replied rolling my eyes. "Do you want me to say, or do you want to save yourself the embarrassment and just admit it already?"

"Admit what?" he asked, playing dumb.

"You know what," I said. "What's going on with you and Jack."

Alex was in shock with what I'd just said, but still wasn't ready to grow up, keeping with his little act. "Nothing's going on with us."

"Oh, Alex," I chuckled, pulling out my phone and getting the picture up. "Does this look like nothing?"

Alex was lost for words. There was no excuses he could say to this picture. It was plain proof. Him and Jack, under the bleachers, sucking face.

Alex didn't respond, he just held the same blank, yet still in shock, expression. I figured he wasn't going to speak, so I did again. "And since I'm guessing this is nothing, it wouldn't matter if some people saw this..."

"Where did you get that?" he asked in his strangely calm combined with an angry tone.

"What's it matter?" I didn't want to tell him of the many times I followed him, Jack or one of the others to find more information out on them. He didn't need to know that. "I do have other pictures too you know."

"What do you want?" he asked fed up with me. He was trying to hide just how scared he was of this picture getting out. It would truly ruin him. But it would be funnier to do it this way, rather than him going to the bottom right away, make him suffer a but first.

"There's a lot of things I want," I said just to get on his nerves. "But what is it you think you could do for me?"

Alex let out a sigh. "I'll do anything. I just can't have people seeing that. People can't know!"

"You know how we used to be friends?" I asked reminding him of our days in middle school. "We were two of the most popular guys in school. But what happened when we went into high school? Oh right, you decided I wasn't good enough for you anymore. I didn't fit your image?"

"Get to the point," he interrupted.

"Well, there are a number of things I would like from you," I said, leaning forward in the chair. "But why don't we just start with something simple. To always have a place at your table? Just- hanging around with me, you know? Don't act harsh, but like you wanted to be friends again." He probably thinks I'm just some crazy old friend who wants him back, or even jealous of him and Jack. But no. This is all just part of my plan to take him down.

He thought for a moment. "That seems easy enough," he said, still sounding sceptical about it. "So just be nice and let you sit with us?"

"Yeah, that's all you need to do for now," I said smiling. "And don't try to pull anything on me. I obviously know you won’t tell people about this deal, so you will just have to play along. Because if you do something wrong, I could easily have this picture seen by every student in a matter of minutes."

"What about Jack?" he asked unsure.

"He can know," I shrugged. "I don't really care, it does involve him too." I hadn't originally thought of that, but having them both in on it could help. People may not believe it when Alex is the one saying for me to hang with them, but with extra support from Jack, it should be easy enough.

"Fine, whatever. I agree," he paused. "As long as you keep your half. Don't go telling or showing anyone. No matter what!"

"Sounds like we've got a deal," I nodded. "I’ll get going now before Jack get here."

I left the room leaving Alex's jaw dropped that I knew Jack would be coming by.

"Bye Isobel," I said to Alex's mother as I walked out the house. I saw Jack walking up the driveway as I went down it.

"Hey Jack," I smiled fakely. "Alex is waiting for you. Use protection."

Jacks eyes flew wide as I went past him, trying not to let him hear me laughing to myself. This was easier than I thought. So simple. I thought the first part was going to be the hardest, maybe everything else will be even easier.

----------

No Vic or Kellin in this chapter, which is kind of weird being as this is a Kellic fic. Oh well.

I just love Jaime’s character in this tbh, I don’t even know why I do so much!

Please vote, comment and follow!

And don’t forget to check out my other kellic(ish) story, My Only Retreat :)