Chapter 17: Is It Manstruation?

"Bam bam bam bam," Vic and I said in chime with each high five we gave each other. We're sitting on his bed currently, giving each other high five after high five. "Bam bam bam."

We missed, hitting each other on the arm. "Ow," I complained, rubbing my arm.

"Oh that didn't hurt," he replied, ignoring me.

"Yeah it did," I said, looking down to my arm.

"Whatever Kelly," he said getting up. "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Have fun," I called. "But not too much," I added in a fake serious tone.

"Okay. I'll be thinking of you," he called back. I laughed to myself about him. Sometimes I swear he could like me. Like that time he came over for the first “proper” time. He was really close, I guess with the help of how I was acting too. And the next time, saying he did like me, though that could have just been the alcohol talking. But other times I doubt it. He's straight after all. Well, that I know of.

He's changed heaps since I first met him. He act happier it seems. Like the day when he had a break down at school, that hasn't happened again. He's more open too. He jokes around with me. He doesn't do the same jokes with his other friends.

He and I have both gained confidence. I remember just the first time we were “together” (I guess you could say) I was embarrassed about waking up in just underwear. But, the situation was an embarrassment in itself. Not long after, I was already comfortable sleeping next to him wearing hardly a thing. At first when he wore my pyjamas, he seemed embarrassed, not matter how hard he tried to hide it. But not long after, he was totally fine. Which is good for me, I get to look at that beautiful body. I’d dip my biscuit in his coffee, if you know what I mean.

Even though in our social groups we are both seen as the “quiet one”, yet when we are together, you’d think we would be the loudest, most outgoing one. Well, maybe not quite.

"Did you have a 'glorious orgasm'?" I asked, quoting the movie Due Date that we'd watched just a few days before.

"Stop being sick," Vic said rolling his eyes, sitting back down. I guess he's still uncomfortable about something’s.

"You love me," I smiled.

"Sure I do Kelly," he replied. I took his hand and played with it because, well I want to and I can get away with it. I'll do what I want. He lied back down, me still having his hand. I joined him, laying on my back next to him. We bother turned inwards, facing each other.

"Vic!" came a call from downstairs.

"Yes mama," Vic yelled back, sitting up.

"Vic!" she called for him again, not hearing his reply obviously.

"Be right back," Vic said to me, getting up and leaving the room. I got up once he was gone and decided to have a look around the place.

What caught my attention was the blue folder sitting under his bed. I picked it up and opened it.

"Song lyrics," I murmured to myself, flicking through the pages. There are heaps in here.

Sunshine! There ain't a think that you can do that's gonna ruin my night.

"Hey, mum just wanted some help with-" I looked up to see Vic in shock. "What are you doing?" he asked frantically.

"I'm just, ah," I fumbled for words, quickly shutting the folder, keeping my thumb on the page.

"W-w-wh," he was in such a state of shock, he couldn't seem to get a word out. His eyes were wider than I've ever seen them.

"I was just having a small look..." I said looking back down. I went to open the book again, but failed to notice Vic coming over, slamming it shut. He yanked it from my hands, clutching it to his chest tightly.