Chapter 15: Confused Little Mexican

Driving home I couldn't keep my mind off Kellin. Really, why was I acting like that with him? I was so comfortable around him too. Usually it takes time for me to warm up to people. But Kellin, it happened almost instantly. I don't even act that comfortably around my closest, oldest friends. I’m never like that. I don’t hug. I don’t go hugging my friends. I don’t sleep with my friends! Why did I with him? Why him? I need to find out.

I arrived back home, slowly opening the door, hoping no one would mention my arrival.

“Victor Vincent Fuentes!” yelled my mother, storming out of the living room where she’d been. Oh no, she never full names me unless I’m in trouble! Why couldn’t I have just stayed at Kellin’s…?

“H-hi mama,” I stuttered, closing the door, trying to walk off to my room, but stopped by her stance in front of me 

“Where were you all night!?” she asked angrily.

“I told you yesterday,” I started, speaking calmly to try and calm her down. “I went to Kellin’s.”

“Oh,” she said, off in her own thought. “Well, why didn’t you come home earlier? You weren’t meant to stay the night.”

“Yeah, I told you I was staying over,” I said, hoping she would believe me.

“Don’t you lie to my Victor! I would have remembered if you were staying overnight!” I felt bad for lying, and just as worse that she saw that I was. I know she can be a real air head sometimes, but I knew I couldn’t get away with this. Even with a memory like Dori, she doesn’t forget everything.

“I’m sorry, mama,” I tried pleading for forgiveness. “I won’t do it again. I’ll tell you first.”

“Vic, you know I trust you,” she said in her lecture voice. “But you cannot go doing things without my permission or telling me first. You could have been anywhere. You could have been in a car accident for all we know.”

“But I’m fine,” I butted in. “I promise, I’ll tell you next time. Okay?”

“Yes, just make sure we know where you are.”

“Don’t worry, I will,” I finished, rushing off to my bedroom. I felt bad for not only not telling my mama, but also lying to her. I feel I’ve lost some of her trust now. But I’m not the one she should be watching out for, it’s Mike.

I got to my room, closing the door and taking my phone out. I need to talk to someone about what happened over at Kellin’s. But who will understand?

I went through my contacts, looking for someone to help. I’d usually tell Jaime these things, but since Kellin is in the all-hated “popular” group, I don’t think he’d like him very much. Though he probably found a bunch of information on him… Still, not the best with what I need him for right now. Maybe I can get that info later… Mind on the task at hand, Vic!

I stopped when I got to the name I was looking for and pressed call. I waited a few seconds and soon came the answer. “Hello?” came the strong sound of his British accent.

“Oli,” I said rushed. “I need your help!”

“So what happened?” Oli asked me, sitting on my bed, playing with a toy he found somewhere. Did he bring that? I was currently pacing back and forth in front of him, freaking out about what was happening and how I was feeling. I couldn’t help but see the worst, even if the worst wasn’t necessarily a bad thing.

“Well, I was over at Kellin’s,” I began. “It probably started when we were watching the movie.”

“Hang on, what started?” Oli asked. I haven’t told him anything yet, all he knows is that I’m freaking out.