Chapter 3: When The Sun Goes Down

~Vic's POV~

I stared at Mike, half not believing what he had just said. 

"Yo-ou...?" I stuttered out, wide eyed. "Start from the beginning, please."

He looked down at his lap and began to speak. "Well, me and Tay. As you know, she's Alex's girlfriend, but she never really liked him. So that's why..."

"What the hell, Mike!" I screeched. "That is not a good reason. That's not a reason at all!"

"Let me finish," he interrupted me, speaking above me. "She wasn't happy, and needed someone to... comfort her..." He had a deep look on his face, I think he was realising how bad it actually was.

"She has, had, Alex for that!" I said. "Come on, Mike. You know how much I hate cheating!" I was getting angrier than I thought I would. I had told him I would be there for him.

"Well, it's not cheating if her heart was never there!" he yelled, surprising me a bit. We both just looked at each other until I broke our gaze and started the car up again. For a minute or two, we both just kept our eyes forward, neither saying anything until I spoke again.

"How long has this been going on for?" I asked calmly.

"A month," he replied, and before either one of us could say more, we were home. We climbed out and walked into the house silently.

"Kellin Bostwick has sent you a friend request" I said to myself quietly as the notification came up at the top of my screen. Who's Kellin? I clicked on his profile to see none other than THE NEW BOY! Why does he want to be my friend? It doesn't really make sense. I guess I should accept it, shouldn't I? Well, I want to. That's for sure. I just don't know if he... Meant to?

I decided I should just do it and clicked accept with no turning back. There, done. He is probably one of those Facebook whores who goes and adds everyone, including those they haven't met. He probably saw we go to the same school, and added me. I'm sure he has added everyone else at the school by now.

I put my phone back down on my desk and looked at my school work they had already given out. I knew it was a bad idea to go. But the phone there... Was just temptation. I couldn't concentrate on my work, I just had to look. But I need to do... Nope, we all know I'm looking.

I grabbed my phone as fast as I could, almost dropping it mind you, and went onto Kellin's Facebook account. I just have to know who he is. He just seemed so... Mysterious today. Though he was laughing and having fun like all the populars do, there seemed to be more to him then just sport and parties. Not that sport or parties are a bad thing.

I swiped down his posts. But, there wasn't much to see. So he's not so much of a Facebook whore as I thought... Still. I went through his personal information. Let's see. Does Mr Perfect, wait... Mr Perfect...? Anyway... Does he have a little girlfriend, who I'm sure is equally as perfect? No. Single. Interested in... Doesn't say. That's weird. Whatever.

I went through his whole account, something I don't usually do, staying on the photos too long. Maybe it's just jealously, that someone could be the definition of perfect. That someone could actually look that good! That must be the feeling.

"Ahh!" I half yelled as my phone vibrated in my hand, showing a notification. I almost jumped out of my skin at the fright. The phone flew out of my grip and to the ground. I fell from my chair, scrambling to pick it up. I lied face down on the ground staring at my phone. I clicked off the calendar that in the process I accidently clicked on. I went to the little one on notifications and looked.

Kellin fucking Bostwick has liked my profile picture!!! What is this witch craft?! I just stared at the likes, at his name. How did that even happen? He must just be being nice. That's it.

I went back onto his profile, still lying on the ground. I went to his picture and looked. It really is a great picture... Am I meant to like it? That must be why he liked mine, to get more likes on his. It must be one of those thing they do. Go to others pictures and like them, just so they do it back. I clicked like and decided I should really get away from the phone and back to boring old homework.

I stared up at the black, dark ceiling. Darkness. It's taking over once more. I feel my mood goes with the light of day. During the day, I'm fine. As fine as I am able to be. But once that sun, the rays of hope goes down, everything becomes engulfed in the darkness. When the lights switch off, so does any shred of positivity.

Negativity is taking my body over. The later it gets, the more intense this feeling it. But this feeling won't leave even when the sun comes up, it takes a little longer. Well, it varies. Today it didn't want to leave, until I left the house. I wonder how long it will stick around this time.

The questions come pooling around me, much like the tears that fall from my eyes. There are no good answers to these questions, but just more questions and wonders. And the answers that do turn up, are the ones I want so desperately to escape.

Why did Kellin like my picture?

He felt sorry for me. He must have been told I have next to no friends and took pity on me. It was just a way for him to get another like, knowing how easy it must be to manipulate me. Maybe it just the start of a joke.

If I were to fall, would anyone catch me?

Well, that depends. Does anyone like me? No? They would watch me fall to the ground. But only for a split second, before they get back to their 'oh so busy' lives. If I were to die, it would be the same affect. Notice for that split seconds, then go back to living as usual.

Why does everyone leave me?

It's because I'm worthless. I have no point in life. I'm just a waste of space! No one needs me. I'm just a tag along. Me being gone wouldn't affect anyone.

What is the meaning of life?

There is simply no point to living. Just to torture us. To punish us. What was it that humans did so badly for us to get this? People say that life is too short, but isn't it the longest thing we will ever experience? Because what happens when we die?

I can't keep thinking this way, but there is no solution. I've been like this ever since I was eight. I used to crying to my mama about it. Rush out of bed with tears streaming from my eyes and into her warm embrace. But it didn't help. Once she got me calmed down in the artificial light, I'd go back to the darkness to have the same thoughts again. Funny how I used to be so afraid of death. I would get myself worked up about it, that one day we would all have to die. Now I get upset about life. Tears try to take the pain away, but the only way to escape mental pain, is to inflict physical.

Eventually my eyes feel heavy and I drift to sleep, the tears never leaving my eyes. Just like every other night.

----------

Pretty deep huh? Sorry about that. These chapters have not been so happy so far have they? So far, it's mostly been an introduction to characters and such. Like a really long prologue.

But, do not fear, hopefully if all goes to plan the next chapter/s will be a bit lighter hearted (yay?)

And don't forget about all that voting, commenting, sharing and following stuff. I love all you guys reading this at the moment too, so THANKS

Get excited, more Kellic to come (oh, and Kellic is an official word on my computer and phone now)!