Chapter 8: Stalker Stalker

Knock knock knock

Whoa... I'm at Vic's house. I am at Vic Fuentes house... Just, let my head explode for a second. Queue explosion sound effects. I heard some rustling inside before the door swung open. But no, Vic wasn't on the other side. The person I had practised my greeting smile to in the mirror for half an hour before I came. It was to who I can imagine was his brother. He gave me a bored look, as if he really didn't want to be there.

"Hi," I smiled, looking past him into the home. "Is Vic here?"

"Mike!" I heard yelling from a female inside. "Answer the door!"

"I am now, mama!" who I can now guess is Mike, turned around, calling back to his mother. He turned back to me with the same blank expression he held earlier. He opened his mouth to speak before being interrupted again.

"Who is it?" she yelled out, still hidden somewhere in the house.

"It's Vic's friend," he called back, turning his head slightly, but keeping his eyes on me.

"I said before, Tony and Jaime are welcome to come right in! Why are they knocking?" his mother continued yelling out. "Mike! Ask them why they are knocking!"

He gave me an exhausted expression before yelling back again. "It's neither of them. It's that guy Kellin," he gave me a questioning look, to ask if that was my name. I nodded, smiling. "Yeah, Kellin. Vic said he'd be coming over when he got home from school. Remember?"

"Oh. I didn't know about him," she replied, less loud than before. "Well invite him in! Don't just leave him at the doorway!"

Mike rolled his eyes and stated walking inside, doing a hand gesture to follow him. I took a better look into the house. I feel like a stalker, in the way I want to get out a camera and start taking photos of everything. But... It's not like it's the flashiest house. It's not very big, even though it is two story. It's just more run down than everything. Everything is obviously second hand or very old. It could do with a good clean. The house's colour scheme was mostly browns and faded, cracking whites. None of the furniture seemed to match. It was different to what I was used to. But I guess I could call it a cute little house. The hallway held a few doors along the way and an open lounge area that matched up to what from here looked like a kitchen. The stairs were just before that next open room.

"Mike! Are you going to invite him in or not?" more yelling from his mother, still hiding away from my vision in that room so close.

He slumped his shoulders, obviously sick of the pointless yelling. "I already have! I'm taking him up to Vic right now!"

"Okay," she called out back, going back to whatever she was doing.

Mike led me up the narrow, creaking staircase and we stopped in front of a closed door. Mike swung it open to reveal Vic sitting in the middle of his bed, eyes closed, head bopping, lip singing away to music.

"Vic, Kellin's here," Mike half shouted to his brother. Vic took one ear bud out and looked down to fiddle with his iPod. Vic wore the same clothes he had for school, a grey beanie with a blue shirt and black skinny jeans, and more bracelets than I can count. Unlike Vic, I had changed clothes, to something I hope would be more eye catching.

The room was slightly smaller than mine, but seemed large compare to the size of the rooms I went past. Also, unlike mine, he didn't have an en-suite, but I saw the bathroom just next door. The walls were a dull brownie-yellow colour. There was a window on the wall opposite to the doorway, which looked out to the house next door. His double bed covered in dark red sheets, which sat against the wall to the right, centre of the room. There was side tables either side of the bed. The wall behind the bed showed a large collection of band posters, enough to take up nearly the whole wall. I had to say, I was impressed. A set of draws sat towards my left, the corner nearest to me. Beside it, unlike the other wall, was cupboards. Piles of clothes and random crap scattered the floor of the room. That, I admit, was a bit of a turn off. I'm not a neat freak, but... I just like things to be neat and organised okay? I can handle it, I'd just rather not have to. I'm not the best with the mess. But, it's Vic, so I'll learn to live with it. For him. Wow, I need to calm down with this whole crush thing.