Chapter 39: Couple Of Girls In A Bathroom

"What are you doing over here with these faggots?" I looked up to see the main bully who ultimately caused Vic and I's relationship to end. He was talking to Josh who had managed to sit with Oli for over a week now. Austin and Alan looked confused as they held each other's hands, staying as close as ever now that Austin has become more comfortable with this almost accepting school. No one had an issue with people being gay, except this one bullies and his friends. He still hadn't managed to let it go.

Josh looked at him, fear in his eyes. "I said I didn't want to hang around you anymore," he said sternly. "I told you, I'm done."

"You gay or something?" he asked, hitting his shoulder. "Don't tell me you're one of them." He looked at me, Austin and Alan in disgust.

"Why should it matter?" Josh asked in confusion. "Why should someone's sexuality affect you so much? What, are you secretly gay or something, and you're trying to tell yourself you're not. Do you want no others to find this out, so you make sure you go after gay kids?"

The guy, who's name I was yet to find out, looked shocked. I don't know what from, whether it was Josh's words, or the fact he spoke them. Either way, he looked lost. "Shut up!"

Josh turned away from him back to his food, but the guy grabbed him by the shoulder and forced him to turn and face him. "Don't ever go talking to me like that again," he growled. "And it's good to see I broke up some of those revolting relationships. No one wants to see that." He said, aimed mostly at me, but also Alan and Austin. He kept his gaze towards me, only hate present in his eyes. "People like you will burn in hell."

Even with that comment that could be seen as from a Christian who doesn't properly understand the bible, I knew just by the way he acts that there's no chance of him being religious. "Why are you doing this," I spoke up quietly, deciding it was time to stand up for myself for once. "Why don't you just leave me, and others, alone?"

"Go shove a pole up your ass, little girl," he said with a laugh at the end.

"And now you're making fun of girls too? You'll never get a girlfriend with that attitude," I felt I was gaining confidence to tell him off like this, it felt good, and I wanted to continue. "Not that you'll have to worry about that. You must be gay. But still, guys won't find meat heads like you attractive, who only think of themselves, and get joy from picking on the minority."

"Do you really think you can talk to me like that?" he said with too much sass to be straight. In my eyes at least.

"You've been treating me pretty shit, so yeah, I do," I replied, becoming louder and more confident. "You're the one who caused me and my boyfriend to break up. Do you have any idea how much that affects me? If I didn't have Oli, I would be homeless, not that that's any of your business. But thanks to you, my life it falling apart. And I'll continue to place that blame on you, for everything to ever go wrong, because people like you are what's wrong with the world. People like you are who truly disgust me. And how is being gay even make you different, like, at all! Gay people are just people who have sex a little bit differently. But I'm sure you're new to sex, and are still trying to figure out what goes where."

I could visibly see how angry he was getting, especially now with everyone on the table laughing and agreeing with me. Yet even in my confidence, I had to hold back the urge to cry after thinking about my life and how it feels like everything's nothing's going right. I didn't just feel like I was talking to him, but everyone like him, and those who have wronged me, like my father. My father seemed to be a similar character to this guy, and it felt good to finally stand up for myself. But, like it did when I tried to stand up for myself against my father, it did not end well. It almost felt like the same scene.