Help Me (Pt. 4)

Christina's POV:

"Lauren!" I exclaim, running towards her. She's sitting on the edge of a beautiful cliff, one that we take instagram pictures by, but none of us ever get that close to the edge.

She turns and looks back at me. "What." It's more of a statement than a question.

I'm shocked by her response until what she intends to do dawns on me. "Lauren, please, no!"

She scoffs. "Like you care."

I place my hand over my heart, genuinely surprised. "I do care!"

"Then where were you these past few months, when I needed you the most? You didn't give my pain a second thought. No, it's only about yourself and it's always about yourself."

"I was trying to give you some space. To recollect your thoughts after the incident."

"You mean after mom and dad left?" I nod. "Don't you think that we would have needed you the most during that time? 'Recollect our thoughts'. What type of excuse is that? That was the worst timing to distance yourself from us."

"I'm sorry, Laur, but please don't."

"And why shouldn't I?"

"For an infinite amount of reasons. You're barely 12. You have so much more to experience, so much life to live. You're still a kid. You have to find your purpose, something you surely haven't discovered yet. Trust me, Lauren. I felt the same at your age, but I didn't give up. I endured, and when I turned 15, I learned why I have a spot on this world. I want you to live to that day."

"You aren't sounding that convincing." Lauren picks at her nails.            

I rush all the way to her, and pull her into a hug. "How's this?"

She cries softly into my shoulder. "All this time I needed a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, and yet, nothing happened. Because I was too afraid to ask. I thought one of you would notice, but you all have your own mountains to climb."

"I'm sorry I didn't notice, as I don't have a problem in my life right now, Lauren."

"What? Of course you do."

Of course I do. I hope Lauren doesn't find out, not right now.

"Not now. I'm extremely pleased with my state right now."

"Oh. Okay."

I surpress a sigh, trying to not show my relief that Lauren didn't ask any questions. "Lauren, we all love you and we would hate it if you left us. We all don't want to lose another loved one."

"You... really?" she asks hopefully.

"Yes, really." I pull her into another hug, and we move away from the edge.

"Hey, Christina?"

"Yes, Lo?"

"I know your hiding something, and whether you like it or not, I'm going to figure it out."

A/N:

Ooh, detective Laur! What do y'all think?  Sorry for the short chapter again :/

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!

<3 September :)