chapter 3

Lacey

         I soon felt my half- awoken self being lifted into a cocoon of warmth. Was I dead? At this point, I didn't mind. I basked in the feeling of being protected, of feeling safe. I felt my small frame being shifted ever so slightly against the warmth of whoever was holding me. A subconscious smile graced upon my lips as I snuggled deeper and deeper in this cocoon of safeness. It felt as if a heated blanket was being placed across my shivering body. It was euphoric, to say the least. No words could describe how safe I felt. Had I died and gone to heaven?

After a few moments, I heard faint whispers of men around me. I felt as if whoever was holding me was moving quickly, so quick that I didn't have time to react. I finally brought myself the courage to peel my eyes open, which were still sore from crying the night before. I gasped, as I came eye to eye with a man. My heart fell into my stomach, the fight-or-flight instinct incessantly kicking into my gut. I looked down at his arms, seeing his intense grasp around me. If I tried to escape, he could surely snap me between his fingertips. To say I was terrified was an understatement. I found myself wanting to cry as I swallowed back the all-too-familiar lump in my throat. I had made it this far just to prepare myself to die, again.

"W-who are you?" I whispered, my chest feeling as if it were collapsing on me.

I found it incredibly hard to breathe. I struggled in the mans arms, but soon stopped as I felt shock against my skin. These "shocks" were anything but painful. They felt as if they were erupting fireworks across my skin.

It almost felt even more euphoric than being held. So, both of them combined was absolute ecstasy.

My eyes widened in fear as I stared at the man who was holding me bridal style. Reality began to kick in more and more by the second, my panic rising. My heart was racing, and I'm sure the men around me could smell my obvious fear.

I mentally cursed at myself for staring at him for so long, but I couldn't help it. Although I was terrified, he was beautiful. I wanted to slap the shit out of myself as soon as I admitted that to myself, but I felt myself getting lost just in the strong structures of his face.

He was beautiful.

Men weren't supposed to be beautiful, but he was. His scent was intoxicating, it smelt like cologne, and earth. He was tan, his smooth skin was sun kissed to a beautiful bronze color. His eyes were a deep grey/ blue colour, the color of the sky after it rains-- with some green around the edges. He had a slight stubble growing across his chiseled jaw. His nose was slightly crooked, I'm guessing from being broken numerous times. His eyebrows framed his face perfectly. His plump, baby pink lips looked perfectly kissable. He had dark brown- almost black locks that swept across his forehead, and a slight scar above his right eyebrow.

He was simply perfect.

"My name is Xavier, sweetheart." His deep, the husky voice responded. Even though I currently wasn't standing, my knees felt weak. His voice felt like smooth velvet, making me feel many emotions at once.

Love, lust, fear, apprehension?

He deep, intimidating eyes looked at me, as I shook with fear. He looked as if he was trying to say something, but it was trapped between those beautiful lips of his. His eyes flashed with pain, and hurt as I struggled against his gentle hold. "P-please let m-me go, please." I whispered, looking up at him. I needed to find my way out. I could not die after all of this. His quickly regained himself, almost as if he was snapping himself out of the trance his was in.

He gently set me on the ground, while still keeping a large hand on my waist. Still, I felt the damn sparks yet again.

"You don't look too good, sweetheart." He said as I struggled to stand. He wrapped his arms around me as soon as he noticed. "I believe your ankle is broken, and I have a doctor you can see right away. Is that okay?" Xavier said, his voice quiet. I felt a since of sincerity in his voice. I nodded, not wanting to fight back. If I went to this, "doctor" and he could help my ankle, I would recover faster. Then, I'd be on my way again.