Chapter 31

Daryl's P.O.V

Connie and I went out to look for Henry. This kid was gonna get himself killed over someone he just met and doesn't even know if he can trust her. He needs to learn to let go and keep moving forward. I just hope that his tracks keep popping up and I don't loose them.

"He caught up to them" Connie wrote to me.

"Yeah. That was a struggle" I said pointing to the area.

She motioned again to me that she needed to see me talk. I keep forgetting that. I made sure to face her as I continued to talk.

"They caught up to him" I said making sure I was as clear with my words as I could be.

I looked around for other clues or marking that would lead me to Henry. Who knows where he could be or what they could be doing to him. It made me feel even more uneasy when dog found something and started barking.

"Good boy" I praised as I went up to see what he found.

I went down to see that he found a spear laying there.

"Yeah. They went that way" I said motioning.

I noticed walkers coming our way. We moved almost in sync to kill them. It took almost no effort to pick them off.

"Nice" I nodded towards her as I whistled for dog.

I called for dog once more and he came running with my arrow in his mouth. He was not ready to give it back. I fought a bit trying to get it back. This caused Connie to smile and look at me and walking forward.

"Bad dog" was all I could get out as I continued to walk forward after her.

As we continued to look for Henry, we noticed some of the masked people leaving a body for the walkers. Something was not right with them. I got Connie's attention and motioned for her to follow me. We didn't need to get caught up in a big heard.

We ended up making masks of our own and lead walkers into their camp. The plan was to get Henry and get the hell out of there. I ended up finding him in the big mess that was going on around us.

"Keep your head down. We're leaving" I said trying to pull him along.

"Not without Lydia" he said resisting me.

"No, the girl stays" I said getting a little annoyed.

"Then so do I" Henry argued back.

We were killing walkers left and right that were getting to close. He needs to come on before someone gets hurt or dies. Taking Lydia will cause more trouble with Alpha and her people.

"Henry" Lydia said trying to talk to him.

"No, I am not leaving you. I won't" Henry told her in response.

She looked at him and starting to cry. I knew what I had to do to get out of here. Some people are not going to like this but it is only temporary.

"Come on" I said pulling him.

I knew he was going to bring her along too, At this point I didn't care. I needed to get him to Carol so she can see that he is okay. Not only is he wasting time but he is putting our lives in danger. I needed to get him and Connie home in one piece or it will be my head that gets chewed off.

We ended up avoiding Hilltop. There was too big of a chance we could run into Lydia's people. I ended up giving in to letting Lydia come with us for now bit she is not staying; she did not want to go back and that made me think a bit . The only thing that makes me worried is can I trust her enough to let her fully come back with us and have a chance of making sure her mom does not come looking for us.