Chapter 21

Maxcine's P.O.V

Today was a new day. There has been some tension with everyone. The bridge is coming along really nicely. I have been helping supervise the workers form the sanctuary with Daryl. Of course he does not like that I am there. It is better I am. I want to watch his back with all of these people. He needs it. He has been acting strange to. I been trying to talk to him about it but he has been pushing me away. All I can do is stick by his side. There have been some saviors that have gone missing. I think they just don't want to work. Other don't think so. I just sit back and let them argue it out. My sister has been running the hilltop pretty good. After Gregory died and she locked up that guy who tried to kill her I can say that the hilltop is back on track. I love being with my sister. She is great. The best part about being with her is that we get to raise our kids together like we always have wanted. I am very thankful for that.

When we got to the bridge we all went to work. It was hard work but it will be worth it in the end. After lowering a piece of wood into its spot, Daryl started to talk to Aron.

"So I go in after her nap and I pick her up and her diaper just explodes all over me" he said.

"seems like good times" said Daryl.

He does not know anything about that. He hates diapers. I am the one mostly doing that.

"The best. You'll see" said Aron.

I Look up and Daryl gives him a look. Aron laughs at his look. 

"You are a good dad" said Aron.

Aron looked at me to say something.

'He is the best. Colleen loves him" I said.

Aron smiles and Daryl gives a smirk. Maybe he is doubting his parenting skills. He should't. He is a great dad.  After that I see one of the saviors walk up to Henry. He wants a drink. I pay close attention to the conversation.

"Easy there buddy I am still thirsty" said one of the saviors trying to pull the water out of Henry's hands.

"Yeah well there is not enough" said Henry.

"So" said the savior pushing Henry to the ground. 

I got up ready to help but I did not expect Henry to fight back. He swept the savior off of his feet with his stick. I rushed over to Henry. 

"Hey he is just doing his job. now get back to work" I said.

"I don't need your people telling me what to do. Your not my babysitter" he said trying to walk away.

I grabbed him. He reached back and punched me in the face. I fell. Then Daryl got involved and knocked him on his ass. The savior threw something in his face. It just went down hill from there. until Rick walked up. 

"Break it up. Break it up" He said.

He tried to pull Daryl and the savior apart. 

"I said that's enough. Back to work" he yelled. 

He seen me on the ground and helped me up.

"Are you alright" he asked.

"That asshole punched me in the face" I said.

It was hard trying to fight back tears. Getting punched in the face by a grown man sucked and hurt like hell. He could tell I was trying not to cry and put his arm around he so I could hide my face. We walked off to the medical tent with Daryl following behind us. 

"So what that asshole just gets a free pass" asked Daryl.

I walked in behind them and Carol gasped. I guess my face was that bad.