Chapter 24

Maxcine's P.O.V

It has been a rough six years. Rick risked his own life to save us from the walkers. I miss him everyday. Colleen is getting so big now. She almost ten years old. I love her so much. She is my everything. Daryl has not been around that much. He is off on his own. I really don't know what to tell our daughter. The only thing I can think of is that he is working. I stay with Michonne. I help her kinda run this place since what happened to Rick. She has a second child. He is so cute. Judith is so big. Her and Colleen get along so well. Our new life is not that bad. Judith goes out on runs all the time. I only let Colleen go when I go. I don't trust her out their without me.

We were out. I was helping our group. Judith found more people. I really did not think that was a good idea. I don't think Michonne would like this.

"I heard them calling. They needed our help" said Judith walking up with strangers.

"Wey got over run by sickos. We owe our lives to Miss. Grimes and Miss. Dixon" said one of the men.

I gave a disapproving look to Colleen.

"They still need our help" said Judith.

"We can't. You know that" said Rosita.

I looked at both of the girls. I really could not believe they brought back people. Everyday I see Judith and what she does, it reminds me more and more of her brother. This is something he would have done. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Eugene spoke up about the animal we hunted.

"There are more of you" one of the girls in this new group asked.

"Way more with wall" said Judith before she got cut off.

"Jud" we all said.

My daughter is not much of a talker. She goes out with Judith but she will not talk to people she does not know. She acts like her father when she does that. It was a smart move.

"These people are part of a large group" I seen one of the other girls sign to another.

I picked up sign in college. I was something I have always wanted to learn.

"They're still here. The sickos are coming for us" the other said.

"In coming" said another.

I looked around and could hear the walkers getting closer. We needed to get out of here.Eugene stepped up and started to kill them.

"There is more on the way. We have to get out of here" I said.

"They need food, water, and medicine. If they don't go, I don't go" said Judith.

Aron and I shared a look. We were both thinking the same thing.

"Come on" said Aron.

We were bringing back total strangers that Judith found. Michonne was not going to be happy about this.

When we got to Alexandrea I was a little nervous. I do not want things to be sent into a big mess because Judith was doing something she felt was right. I hope Michonne understands.

"Come on" I said as I led them into Alexandrea.

I held out my hand to Colleen telling her to take it. I was letting her walk around by herself with these new people.

"You'll be safe here. I promise" Judith told them.

I was not liking her words. We have no idea what the rest of the counsel is going to say. She needs to chill with the word promise for a bit. She took one of their hands and led them in. The new group was surprised by what they saw.