Chapter 8

Rick's P. O. V

We were heading towards the sanctuary. I got Janes and her group on my side. We got there and there were already shots fired.

I seen Carol pull up in a truck. I hopped in.

"We got out. It hasn't is been that long. We need to warn everyone" I said.

"We can get the cars to the east look out and shoot it up" said Carol.

"We might have to use a dieters car. Snippets probably used theirs to get back" said Jerry.

"I don't think they got away" I said.

I was walking with Carol.

"Your gonna live dad. Why are we doing this. Why are we fighting them. So it's not how they like it. Everyone fighting for them, living them. We are all fighting together for something more than just killing other people" Said Carl.

"You think we are going to be out there picking strawberries with Negan" I asked.

"If that's what it takes. For more than just hope. You think we are just going to kill all of them.  Finding some way forward, that's harder. That's something more. Dad that's how it's got to be. " said Carl.

Sitting in the truck thinking about what we where talking about. This flashback was hard to watch.  All we all want to do is kill Negan. That is the one thing we all have in common.

Daryl's P. O. V

I was walking when Michonne came up to me.

"Hey"

"Hey" I said.

"I am glad you came back. It is better we got together" she said.

That and Maxcine's words got to me. She was right about some of what she said.

"It worked. We roll in tell them to give up. They ain't gonna give up" I said.

"I'm sorry I couldn't" she said.

"Don't be. It worked" I said.

Then I walked away. I need to do some stuff to get ready anyway.