Chapter 18

Swara and Jannat were trying hard to convince Vishal to express his feelings to Uthara. But he was not willing to listen to anyone. He was about to leave the room when he froze at his place. At the doorstep were Uthara, Manusha and Gaurav. For a minute, Vishal was happy with the feeling that Uthara heard about his feelings. But the next minute he was sad to see Gaurav next to Uthara. It pained him to see her with someone else. But he could nothing about it. He decided to leave from there immediately.

But before he could move, Uthara ran towards him and hugged him tightly. She was sobbing but still didn't leave him too. Though Vishal was confused, he hugged her back and started consoling her. While Swara, Jannat and Sumedh were confused, Manusha and Gaurav were smiling happily.

Sumedh: What is happening here? I am very confused.

Swara: Not just you. Even I am confused.

Manusha went towards them smilingly.

Manusha: Let me tell you what is happening. But before that, I guess Uthara should say something.

As if that was her cue, Uthara lifted her head.

Uthara: I love you too Vishal.

Vishal was shocked.

Vishal: Really?

Uthara nodded and hugged him again. Sumedh, Swara and Jannat were very happy for Vishal. They have known since childhood. Vishal was never vocal about his wishes. He had always been an understanding and mature kid, who would never ask for any toys even if he likes it. But he would later be sad for not having it. It was not because his dad couldn't buy him anything. But it was because he never wanted to go shopping with his dad. His dad used to get very little time to spend with Vishal due to his duty as an IPS officer. Hence Vishal used to hide his feelings so that he could enjoy his time with his dad.

However, Swara, Sumedh and Jannat never liked it. So, they decided to talk to his dad and inform him about Vishal's wishes. His dad was very upset after learning that Vishal never shares about his wishes. But he still couldn't ask his son to speak about it as he knew he would never be able to go to a shop to buy toys. Though Vishal carries some money with himself, he never buys things as always wanted to know his dad's opinion. This made his dad very upset. Looking at Vishal's dad's sad face, the three friends mutually decided to help him out. That day was the first time Vishal's dad felt that Vishal has the most wonderful best friends in the world.

Swara, Sumedh and Jannat used to always carry extra money to buy the same toy or dress which Vishal liked as soon as one of them drags Vishal to some other shop. They would later give it to his dad, who used to transfer the money spent on the gifts to their respective parents. His dad then gifted the same things to Vishal. The smile on Vishal face was something which motivated them to continue it till that day. Vishal never knew how his dad found out about his wishes. Vishal always thought his dad arranged for some security who passed on the information. But he never knew that the spies were his friends.

The smile which Vishal had, when Uthara confessed, was the same smile which he used to have when his dad gave him gifts. They knew well that Uthara would be the only girl in Vishal's life. But they were not sure if Uthara felt the same. But hearing Uthara's confession, they were very happy, as this time they need not interfere.

Manusha cleared her throat which broke Vishal-Uthara's trance. They left each other and turned towards Manusha.

Manu: So, what do you say now Uttu?

While Uthara was blushing, the others (i.e. Rockers) were confused.

Sumedh: What did you tell her Manu?