10

10: Getting To Know You

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

"(Name)," said girl's eyes shot up to the source of the call, (Friend's name) gave her a sly grin and said, "Your (favorite food)'s not gonna eat itself."

"Right." (Name) said and started to eat.

"So (Name), where are you from?" Asked Melody.

"I used to live in (Hometown)," (Name) replied. "But I moved here to Yorknew City because of better job opportunities."

"Do you live with your family?" Melody questioned.

(Name) shook her head. "No, I live alone now."

"Independent lady." Said Leorio, sounding impressed though (Name) doubted it was genuine.

"What about (friend's name)?" He asked. "Don't you live with her?"

"No, I live with my family," said (friend's name). "(Name) and I met on her first day here, I was her tour guide."

"That's a nice way to start a friendship." Kurapika stated.

"Yeah, I guess," the (hair color) girl shrugged her shoulders. "What about you guys? How did you meet?"

"We're all Hunters," said Kurapika, seemingly eager to share this with (Name). "Leorio and I met during the Hunters Exam and became friends along the way, although we had a rocky beginning."

"What did the old man do?" (Name) asked, Leorio rolled his eyes. They, Kurapika and (Name), truly were soulmates.

"Well, I kind of acted childish because he didn't call me Leorio-san," Leorio said sheepishly, grinning at the two girls in front of them. "I sort of went overboard and started insulting his clan."

(Name) shook her head gravely, remembering the earlier topic she and Kurapika had discussed.

"Anything else?" (Friend's name) asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"There are some things that I don't want to share yet," said Kurapika. "And I'm sure you also do too, Miss (Last Name)."

"I guess," (Name) hesitantly agreed. She knew he had a point and she respected it, but she couldn't help but feel a little hurt because it was like he was implying that he didn't trust her.

For Kurapika, it was the opposite. (Name) agreeing to him made him feel a little better, it indicated that they had a mutual relationship as of now. He trusted her, she trusted him.

(Friend's name) let out a huff. "You both seem to like silence."

"I sure do," said Kurapika, nodding his head in agreement.

He looked at (Name), who didn't seem like she was listening and Kurapika wasn't listening anymore too. She had him mesmerized and all he could do was stare at the beauty in front of him.

(Ur beautiful, I wont believe u if u tell me otherwise and don't believe others who tell u otherwise.)

Her eyes reminded him of his mother; there was a gentle gleam inside them. A very soft feeling settled on Kurapika's body, he didn't notice the smile that had formed on his lips.

"All right," said Leorio, rising from his chair. "(Friend's name), Melody, let's give them another chance to talk."

"No more monkey business this time," (friend's name) said. "Both of you talk about important things -" She was cut off by Leorio who flicked her forehead.