09

09: Awkward Start

• • • • •

Warning/s: awkwardness

• • • • •

"Okay, hear me out," said Leorio, raising his hands in the air.

He, Kurapika and Melody were heading towards rhe very same café again three weeks later. After about almost a month of convincing, Kurapika managed to get (Name) to agree with meeting up.

Only there was one problem.

"I know I shouldn't ask but you really had to wheedle me and Melody into this date?"

"It's not a date, Leorio," Kurapika chided, fixing his collar. "Don't over react."

"I'm being dramatic because of what you're doing!" Leorio exclaimed. "You two need fixing! Seriously, you're supposed to go on a date and bringing friends is not ideal! It makes things awkward!"

"Your concern is very much appreciated," said Kurapika in the snarkiest and most sarcastic tone he ever used.

Leorio sighed. "Honestly, I'm getting Melody and your soulmate's bestie ot of the café once you two sit down."

"That's suspicious," said Kurapika.

"Haa? What are you talking about?" Leorio demanded.

Kurapika smiled. "You seem to have a thing for (Name)'s friend, first you get her number and now you want to take her on a date as well."

"EH? So it is a date, then!" Leorio pointed out.

"Stop changing the subject," said Kurapika.

"You did it first!"

"So I'm right, then?"

"I didn't say that either!"

Melody shook her head with a smile, if (Name) and (friend's name) were going to tag along, they'd have to deal with bickering like this.

• • •

"(Name), remember not to panic!" (Friend's name) told her best friend, shaking the girl's shoulders wildly.

"You're just going to meet your soulmate, the love of your life, your forever honey bunny! Just be yourself, don't be nervous, you two already are familiar with each other!"

"I am calm." (Name) stated blankly. "You're the one over reacting here, (friend's name)."

"No I'm not!" She exclaimed.

"Aw man," said an awfully familiar voice. "What's got two pretty girls so nervous on such a beautiful day?"

Both girls whipped their head around and saw the raven-haired man in a black tuxedo, Leorio grinned at them.

"Oh, hey Leorio!" (Name) greeted.

"Ah, you remembered me?" Leorio asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Why'd you think I'd forget the guy who literally begged for my best friend's number?" (Name) said.

"That was embarrassing of him," said another voice. (Name) looked down beside Leorio and saw Melody, smiling up at her.

"Pleased to meet you again," said the woman.

"Melody-san, your voice is so soft!" (Name) said, closing her eyes and taking Melody's hand in hers, caressing it softly. "You talk like an angel."

"And we sound like the devil himself," said (friend's name).

"Aw, but you sound so cute when you do that pouty face," said Leorio, poking (friend's name)'s cheeks.