21

21: Shortcake

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

"Hey, you good?" Rin asked, tilting her head slightly, blue eyes watching (Name) carefully. The girl did not answer, she obviously wasn't but it felt silly to speak her reply.

They walked out of the mall, parting ways with Kurapika and Melody who had to bring Neon back home. (Name) didn't even bother to bid them goodbye, she'd see them next time anyway.

"I'm going back to my apartment now," said (Name), turning away from her friends. "You guys can go ahead."

"But you didn't tell Kurapika," Leorio pointed out. "He'll get worried."

"He doesn't need to know," (Name) murmured, she started walking away from them. "It's not like we're together that I have to inform him of every move I make."

"Hey, (Name), wait!" Rin called out, she turned to Leorio and deadpanned at him. "You're such an idiot, Leorio." Then turned back to her. "(Name), wait up! I'm going with you!"

She ran after the (hair color) girl, leaving (friend's name) and Leorio alone, standing on the sidewalk and still trying to prcess what happened.

(Friend's name) sighed. "She's mad at him."

Leorio turned to her. "How?"

"You guys won't understand," she replied. "Just don't ask her if she's on her period unless you have a death wish. I would go with them but I gotta get back home, see ya, Leorio."

"I'll walk you there," he said, following after her. "I'm going to be lonely in the apartment if I go home now so I'll be a gentleman, just this once."

She playfully punched his arm. "You sly dog."

. . .

"I know Neon doesn't know we're soulmates," said (Name).

She and Rin were currently walking under the light of the dim street lights and the bright moon, the wind was cold but Rin was kind enough to let (Name) borrow the jacket she was wearing earlier before she changed into the turtleneck.

"But it feels like I'm being stabbed when she said they'd play house, she'll be the mom and he'll be the dad. It's weird, it was like I wanted to punch Neon right then and there but... I don't think I have the right, Kurapika and I aren't even dating."

"Don't dwell on it," said Rin, placing an arm around her. "Jealousy is a real bitch, it attacks everyone. So don't worry about it, you've got every right cause you have feelings too and Neon is a selfish girl, no doubt she was trying to rile you up."

"Why would she?" (Name) asked.

"The ice cream Chrollo gave you," Rin reminded. "She must have heard about it and well, I'm sure Neon's got a crush on him ever since they met and people like her will do whatever to get what they want. If it didn't only risk so much, I would have given you a knife to stab the little bitch with."

(Name) nodded, leaning her head on Rin's shoulder. The ravenette frowned down at her, wondering what was running inside this girl's mind. Hopefully, it was ways of killing Neon and not ways of ignoring Kurapika.

That would be bad for their soulmate bond.

They reached her apartment and entered together, climbing up the flight of stairs and arriving at (Name)'s front door. She fumbled around in her bag for her keys and, when she found them, unlocked the door.

Her little space was cozy to Rin, the darkness didn't seem scary in (Name)'s room but rather it sent a wave of relaxation through Rin's veins. (Name) turned on the lights, revealing two neat beds, one looked like it was unused.

There was a small television facing the beds, two desks on the right and two doors that lead to the bathroom and the kitchen on the left, each door was labelled in cursive; Kitchen and Bathroom.

There was a window on the wall between the two beds, the moon could be seen through the glass.

"I don't have a roommate so you can use that bed," said (Name), pointing to the bed on the right. "Also, we put our clothes in this drawer under the bed," she knelt down and lifted her blanket to reveal a handle. "Pretty awesome, right. Unfortunately, I always stub my toe if I'm not careful."

"That's cute," said Rin with a smile.

"You think stubbing toes is cute?" (Name) chuckled incredulously.

"I meant being clumsy," Rin corrected, pinching the girl's cheek. She approached her bed for the night, putting her shopping bags aside and beginning to tidy up.

"I'll go take a warm shower," said (Name), pointing at the door. She took a few clothes from her drawer before entering the bathroom, leaving Rin to silently fix the bed.

(Name) took off her clothes, turning on the water and letting herself get soaked in the warmth. Her shoulders eased and her muscles relaxed, today had been fun so it was no wonder her body felt exhausted.

There was a knock on the bathroom door and Rin's voice called from the other side, "Hey (Name), I'll be in the kitchen, okay?"

"Sure." (Name) replied.

You've got every right cause you have feelings.

Neon is a selfish girl.

People like her will do whatever to get what they want.

Rin's words kept echoing in her mind, like a chant. If she was right, that meant Neon already developed a grudge on (Name) and she didn't want that. The last thing she needed was someone who would love to ruin her life just because some criminal gave her free ice cream.

She's mine.

Kurapika had said, those two words made (Name)'s face heat up. She shook her head, ridding herself of her thoughts and finishing her bath.

But now that Rin had left her mind, Kurapika's words invaded it so it was hard to find an excuse when Rin pointed out her red face once she entered the kitchen.

"Want some cake, then?" Rin offered, holding out the plastic container with a strawberry shortcake inside. "I bough some onigiri too -- yeah, I admit I'm a bad cook."

(Name) smiled as she took out the other plasic container, inside was the same flavoured shortcake.

What a strange day, she wondered. She had went shopping with a criminal doctor, who was now sharing strawberry shortcake with her, and Light Nostrade's daughter, who doesn't seem too fond of her and she was given free ice cream by another criminal. A strange day she didn't expect, but she definitely enjoyed it.

As a kid, she often imagined horrible things happening to her if she got involved with criminals but now that she was, it didn't seem so bad.

She was associated with A-Class Criminals and that itself was mad scary but whenever (Name) looked at them, they looked so much like normal people that it was hard to believe.

"Something the matter?" Rin asked. She had only taken off her jeans and shirt, leaving her in her turtleneck and black shorts. Her eyes wandered lower, to the fat and squishy looking thighs Rin had.

(Name) grinned. "Chrollo was right, you do have fat thighs."

Rin dropped her spoon.

"EH?!"

×××××
A/N:
I wanted a friendship between (Name) and Rin to bloom. Also, I'm thinking about writing a few special chapters to explain stuff, or left out info or basically just random shit I think of at 1-4 am lol

If u guys have any suggestions plz leave it in the comments I'd like to take inspos from u all <3