11

11: The Man in The Photo

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

If there was one thing Kurapika would be thankful for in this meeting, it was that he really got to know (Name) (Last name).

She was one of those people he didn't expect that he would enjoy talking to, but he liked how unexpected this adorning was.

(Name) looked out the window, a flash of disappointment settled on her features. "Well, looks like this day's come to an end."

Kurapika nodded his head in agreement, looking out at the window at the beautiful sunset. The setting sun's light settled on his pale skin and in (Name)'s view, he seemed to glow.

"I forgot to ask you one more thing," he said, turning his gray eyes towards (Name). "How did your meeting with that doctor?"

"Doctor?" Leorio echoed, quirking a curious brow at (Name).

"(Name) told me that she met up with a doctor before us," Kurapika explained, his eyes never leaving (Name). "She said that the doctor has a nen that suppressed down the suffocation we usually feel around each other."

"Really?" Said Melody, a tone of surprise in her voice. "I am interested in this doctor's powers, please tell us (Name)-san."

"Well..." (Name) said. "The doctor was an old friend of (friend's name) here, just a few years older."

"She's a little short," said (friend's name). "With black hair and blue eyes, she likes to wear plain clothes. She's a doctor, not famous and she spends a lot of time outside the hospital."

Kurapika turned to Leorio. "Do you think you met her?"

"He did," said (Name), turning to Leorio. "Remember when we brought Kurapika to the hospital, she's the doctor that fixed him up."

"Oh, her," Leorio said. "Yeah, I remember her, she was a little interesting."

"Speaking of interesting," (Friend's name) said, taking her phone out. "You said you guys are Hunters, right?"

Kurapika nodded. "Indeed, we are."

"That's not their business, you know," (Name) told her friend. (Friend's name) whined, folding her arms across her chest.

"It's all right," said Kurapika, locking eyes with (Name). "Your business is my business, dear."

"Nice," said (friend's name), she opened her phone and showed them the picture she took when they entered Rin Hiroshi's home.

The other three, eager to see, leant closer to the phone. When Kurapika recognised the face, his eagerness was replaced with terror. The cup of tea fell from his fingers and shattered as it hit the floor, spilling tea all over the tiles.

. . .

Kurapika grew paranoid, he panicked upon seeing how recent the photo looked, like it was taken just the day before. But that wasn't possible, there was no way.