15

15: The Doctor and The Criminal

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

About four days after meeting Rin Hiroshi, the doctor contacted (Name), asking to meet up again. At first, Kurapika was reluctant but he let (Name) agree to Rin's request.

But the chain user did not trust Rin Hiroshi and was determined not to let his guard down, on the day of the meet up, he'd be there to watch over (Name) and (friend's name), to make sure they wouldn't get hurt.

"What do you think, (Name)?" (Friend's name) asked, tapping the bench. "Is this guy really bad?"

"Probably," said (Name). "I trust Kurapika."

(Friend's name) looked away. "Sorry, I trust Hiroshi-san more."

"It's okay," said (Name). "You know her better."

"(Name), (friend's name)!" Rin's voice called out to them.

The two girls turned to the direction of her voice, she stood at the entrance of the park with a blond man beside her. The man in the picture.

"Rin-san!" (Friend's name) said, running over to Rin and Shalnark Ryusei, dragging (Name) along with her.

The latter's eyes strayed on the ravenette in front of her. (Name) noticed how exhausted Rin Hiroshi looked, the tireness was written all over her face. Her skin was more pale and her eyes were half-lidded.

"I'm Shalnark Ryusei," Shalnark said, giving the two girld his usual bright smile.

His smile, it was made like a doll's, (Name) observed.

It looked real, it was a smile that could fool just about anyone but there was a flaw to that smile, there was something false about it - something fake about it.

Rin glanced to her left, (Name) followed her eyes. The ravenette was staring at the shadows, looking like she was expecting someone to jump out from within the darkness.

(Name) wondered if she might have seen Kurapika or Leorio or Melody, but that would be wrong, they were hiding at the right side of the park. Was it possible that Rin Hiroshi was giving a signal to her friends from the Troupe?

"What do you think, Ojou-chan?" Shalnark's voice took both back to reality. "Should we go to a café so we can talk properly?"

"Sure," said Rin, looking at (Name) and, from the way she gripped Shalnark's arm, the (hair color) girl could tell Rin was looking for reassurance from the blonde.

"Ojou-chan, stop looking so glum." Shalnark said, snaking his arm around her waist. "Angels like you should be smiling and happy, no?"

"Right," she agreed. "How are you two?" She asked (Name) and (friend's name).

"I'm all good," (Name) replied.

"Living a good life," said (friend's name).

"Are you surprised?" Rin asked, trying to keep a conversation. "Of Shalnark, I mean."

"He definitely isn't what I expected." (Friend's name) admitted.

It was true, they didn't expect Shalnark to be so bright and laid back, he contrasted Kurapika's stern and stiff personality. He seemed so careful of Rin, too, glancing at her every once in a while like she was about to be attacked.

He was tall, muscular and tough-looking but he seemed like a bright ball of sunshine Kurapika would need. Is this man really a criminal?

His smile was bright, Kurapika needed to get infected by it.

Shalnark's eyes were wide and full of excitement, unlike Kurapika's half-lidded, emotionless pools.

They reached the café and entered inside. (Name) could tell, as soon as they sat down, something bad was about to happen.