05

05: Soulmate

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

"I told you, Kurapika," Leorio said to the blonde, who was busy looking at the potted plant in front of him.

It was obvious that his focus wasn't on the plant at all and he was instead deep in his thoughts.

Leorio spent the last two hours giving Kurapika tips on women, though Melody, who heard it all, doubted it would help Kurapika at all. He wasn't even listening.

She could hear Kurapika's frantic heartbeat, it was playing a confused tune.

"You gotta chase after her!" Leorio continued, waving his index finger pointedly. "Who knows, she could be your soulmate!"

And finally, he got Kurapika's attention. The blonde turned to look at Leorio with furrowed brows.

"A... soulmate?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. Curiosity evident in his features.

"You haven't heard of that either, have you?" Leorio said, pointing a finger at Kurapika while his eyebrows rise.

Kurapika shook his head.

"All of us spend our entire life looking for our soulmates." Melody said, interjecting herself in her conversation. "They say each of us has one, some even are soulmates with people that already died before the other was born."

"Hm, imagine having a soulmate older than you by a decade." Leorio grunted, then shuddered at the remembrance of the peculiar magician who had taken a fondness to one of his friends.

"According to legend," Melody continued. "The red string of fate is a long string tied around your left pinkie finger and connected to your soulmate's own."

"It's interesting," said Leorio. "These legends sure have nice concepts."

"It can extend to long lengths," Melody explained. "Any time, any place and won't break, it's a magical string tied to us by the gods the moment we are born. Or so the legend says."

Kurapika's eyes shot down to his left hand, but sadly found no red string tied to his pinky finger. He then turned to Melody with a confused expression as he recalled something.

"I sort of remember in my dream," he said. "I had a chain clasp wrapped around my left leg and the chain was connected to hers. But why is it a chain?"

Melody shook her head. "Sadly, I do not know anything more about it. But when did you start feeling this pain and suffocation? When did you start having these dreams?"

"I think," he gave it a thought. "I felt the same suffocation just a few days ago and the dream I told you about was the first one. Why? What does it mean?"

"Oh, come on!" Exclaimed Leorio. "The answer is simple! You said you can see her in your dreams, right? Then just go to sleep and ask her! Easy as pie!"

"I didn't even get to see her face in my dream, Leorio, how am I supposed to ask her when I can't even walk over to her?" Kurapika demanded.

"Then run over to her faster before your dream ends! Ask her about it!"

"How are you even sure that she knows?!"

"That's why it's called trying, none of us are sure!"

"The both of you, stop fighting." Melody's calm and soft voice said. "Kurapika, perhaps Leorio is right, you should try and ask her, maybe she does know something."

"Alright, fine," Kurapika agreed. He stood and left for his room. Hopefully, he'd meet his soulmate in his dreams again.