19

19: Neon Nostrade's Prediction

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

Work was tiring enough, with Neon around it was much, much worse.

Earlier today, when he had woken up, he was surprised that (Name) was still beside him and holding onto him like her life depended on it.

Then (friend's name) and Leorio began arguing on why they were in the same bed and Melody, who had arrived early that day, got them to calm down.

Rin, meanwhile, kept herself busy with walking (Name) around the hospital. She claimed that it was because the (hair color) girl's bone would grow weak and her muscles numb if she keeps lying in bed all day.

Kurapika couldn't help but smile at the memory of Rin telling (Name) about her muscles whilst the girl kept muttering, obviously annoyed because she truly didn't want to leave the comfortable bed. They seem to have grown on each other already.

But when he had arrived at work, Light Nostrade commanded him to watch over Neon while she went shopping. Kurapika had agreed, thinking that he was going to get a bit of rest.

But Neon was a pain in the ass even without her trying, Kurapika even sometimes wonders how Chrollo Lucilfer didn't just kill her, screw stealing her nen she was more than a handful.

"Oh, this one's pretty too!" She exclaimed, shoving a pink dress to Kurapika's face, which he didn't even bother to comment at.

He wondered what was happening to his companions back at the hospital, he knew they were having fun without him and Melody. That was extremely unfair.

"So this is work?" Rin Hiroshi's voice called out to him. For a moment, Kurapika thought he was imagining, there was no way she was-

"Going to a women's clothing store?"

He spun his head around and saw Rin Hiroshi, her arm placed across (Name)'s shoulders, the (hair color) girl giving him a look of confusion. Leorio and (friend's name) stood right behind the two females, both looking bewildered as well.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kurapika demanded.

"Shopping," said Rin. She pointed at Leorio and (friend's name) behind her. "They're released."

"What about you guys?" (Name) said. "What are you doing in a women's clothing store?"

"Kurapika!" Neon called out. "I found a pretty dress! Come see!"

"We're watching over Neon," said Melody.

"Whoever the fuck that is," said Rin, she tightened her hold around (Name) and gave the girl a grin. "Come on, girlie, let's go get some boba."

"Boba sounds good," (Name) agreed, nodding to Rin.

Kurapika frowned, these two seemed to have gotten close in a short matter of time. He was glad but the way Rin hugged onto (Name) made him feel a bit of unease.

"Hey! I called you!" Neon exclaimed, jumping out from one of the clothing stalls. She stood in front of Kurapika with an impatient look, wearing a floral pink dress.

"Jesus Christ!" Rin hissed when Neon accidentally stepped on her foot.

Neon turned to her, completely forgetting about Kurapika, and gave a frown, assessing the ravenette's features carefully.

"You seem very familiar to me," said Neon, tapping her chin in thought. "Black hair, bandages, strange earrings... I can't quite place it."

"Rin-san," said (Name). "Let's go get boba, we shouldn't disturb Kurapika and Melody with their work."

Rin nodded and was about to walk away with (Name) when Neon grabbed her wrist and said with an excited voice, "Can I join you?"

. . .

Kurapika inwardly sighed in relief, Neon was distracted by Rin and that gave him time to talk to (Name). The (hair color) girl silently sipped on her boba while watching Rin and Neon interact.

"(Name), how are you?" Kurapika asked, placing a gentle hand on hers. She turned to him and nodded.

"I'm good," (Name) replied shortly.

"Is something wrong?" Kurapika checked, watching her curiously place back her boba on the table.

"Neon seems to like Rin-san." She commented half-heartedly, tracing figures on the table with her other hand.

"People we think we don't like are the ones who end up being special to us," Kurapika said. "So you do have a point, dear."

(Name) did not reply, instead she stared longingly at Neon who kept pestering Rin on and on about a guy with bandages on his forehead and teal-coloured earrings.

Kurapika sighed, it was like history was repeating itself. He never knew what to do to get Pairo's attention away from the subject of Rin and it seemed that the same thing was happening with (Name).

He understood that she was interesting but couldn't they at least give him the time of day to talk with them, he hated how it started to become like Hiyori this and Hiyori that again.

"I might know who you're talking about," said Rin to Neon, giving the young girl a sly smile. Neon's eyes beamed with excitement but they quickly turned to a frown when Rin added,

"But then again, I can't trust a stranger with such a valuable information."

"If I tell you your future, would you tell me?"

The smirk on Rin's face told Kurapika that she noticed how gullible Neon was. "I might."

"Just write down your whole name, birth date and blood type then I'll take it from there!" Neon exclaims gleefully.

Rin obliged to her words and wrote down the details on a piece of paper Leorio offered.

Neon giggled as she read them from beside Rin, "Your full name is Hiyori Hiroshi? That's unusual."

"A few friends call me Ojou-chan," said Rin, waving her hand dismissively.

"That's even weirder!" Neon laughed. "This feels like déjà vú, you know."

Rin nodded, then handed the paper to Neon and the girl raised her hand, her eyes have become hazy and she started to write down her prediction.

Rin watched closely, taking in every move the Ghostwriter did. Her blue eyes never leaving the odd looking creature floating atop Neon's hand.

"Done!"

The creature disappeared and the darkness that none of them noticed was there before had gone.

"Usually it's composed of four or five poems," said Neon. "And it's a little vague sometimes. Each poem kind of represents a week of the month and since it's the second week now, the first stanza probably consist of events that already happened."

(Name), curious of what the paper contained, leant closer to Rin and read the contents. But Rin had already pocketed the paper, indicating she didn't want to show it to anyone.

×××××
A/N:

Okay ik abt that theory where Neon is supposedly dead because her ability disappeared from Bandit's Secret but I like to think that she just went to some nen exorcist or some shit and got her powers back.

As you guys may know, this story doesn't follow the Hunter X Hunter plot all the way, mainly cuz im too lazy to press all of hxh into this book.

Im still sketching Rin/Hiyori's look so I think imma publish it with the next chapter. Im not a good artist yet so dont expect anything great :)

Any questions you guys want to ask, please put it in the comments. I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Until then, see you guys next chapter!