07

07: Here Is Where

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

He was running, but he didn't know why.

Kurapika forced his legs to stop, wincing when he realized his body wasn't listening to him. But soon, he came to a halt.

He scanned his surroundings; he seemed to be in a tunnel, with dirty and rusted walls. He stood near the end of the tunnel, in front of him was the exit. But he wasn't drawn out there.

Even though he could see a blurry image of the beautiful field outside with the bright blue sky, he couldn't bring himself to step out of the darkness. Not even the fresh breeze and the sweet relaxing silence of the outside could change his mind.

He looked down and saw the rough cement under his bare feet had broken pieces where withering wildflowers were poking out from. He leant down to touch one and it immediately bloomed back to life, this took him by surprise.

Where was he?

Right, the girl! he thought and looked down, recalling the chain on his left foot

It was glowing with a red aura, like his own chains. But where the other end of the chain was explained why he did not want to leave the tunnel, the chain's other end was somewhere far inside the tunnel, away from the light.

His heart blazed with hope and he jolted towards the dark, though he was starting to lose sight of his surroundings he knew he wouldn't get lost because there was only one way; forward.

Sweat was trailing down his body as he started to tire but it seemed like he hadn't moved at all. The darkness, it felt exactly the same from when he started his way into the tunnel.

Don't let it get to you, he told himself. Focus on finding her!

And he did, he found her and his heart leapt out in joy. He stumbled over to her, her silhoutte was the only thing he could see of her by the light of the chains but he could feel her presence thst he somehow could recognize.

His steps grew more and more slow as he approached her, he raised his hand and reached out to her. His vision blurred and he felt himself start to lurch forward.

She whipped around and caught him in her arms. He heard a droplet fall to the water on the ground and from that formed light, spreading all over the dark tunnel.

The smell of flowers filled his lungs and he gripped tightly on her arms, raising his head to get a look at her and, when he did, he gasped for air.

"You." He breathed out.

"We finally meet," she said, agreeing to his shocked look. "Kurapika Kurta."

Kurapika nodded and succumbed into her embrace, placing his head on her shoulder.

He opened his mouth but no words came out, instead his hot breath fanned on her nape, making her shudder. He smiled and closed his eyes.

"I finally saw you."

"That's a little dramatic," she said. "Did you not see me earlier?"

Kurapika shook his head. "I didn't, busy suffocating. What's your name?"

"(Name) (Last name)," she replied.

"Sounds rather foreign to me," he said.

"It is, isn't it?" She said.

"Can I ask you something?" He said.

"I won't entertain more than five questions," (Name) said. "Our time here is short and we must wake up soon."

"It felt like mere minutes," he said. "Let's meet then, so we can talk properly without time limits."

"We can't meet yet."

"What? Why not?"

"Kurapika," she said. "Do you know why you feel hurt when you get too close or too far away from me?"

"Why does it hurt?" He asked, frowning. "It feels like I'm dying when I'm with or without you."

"Bonds are made," she spoke in a soft voice, raising her hand and pat his blond hair. "But they need to be accepted in order to be true, the soulmate bond is like a mutual agreement between two people, in our case you haven't understood this whole thing and -"

"I haven't accepted you into my life yet," he agreed. "But, how come you have?"

She shook her head. "I took it worse than you did when I first found out, but now I have. That's my explanation."

"Then wait for me to accept it," he said, a little too loud. "Please don't leave, not just yet."

"Kurapika, don't you get it?" She sighed, placing a hand on his arm. "You exist in my life but I don't exist in yours, I can't stay because it's just a dream, it's not real."

"Yet." He corrected, raising his head to look at her. "It may not be real now, but that doesn't mean it won't be real at all. Just wait here for a little longer. Be patient, (Name). After all, we are soulmates, aren't we?"

"You really don't get it." She said. "Even our fantasies have its limits, this world we created in our heads will crumble soon because our time together is only short. We do not have all the time in the world."

"(Name)..." he whispered, raising his hand to reach her cheek. She pursed her lips and guided his hand towards the left side of her chest, pressing it lightly.

"Here is where you belong in my life," She said, givig him an eager look. "But until you find out how to say and mean those words as well, you must wake!"

• • • • •
What did I jst do?

Abt the whole accepting bonds thing, I kinda applied something that happened to me today in this. I have a crush irl and he talked to me again (thru chat), said that it was ok that I like him and didn't have to feel awkward around him (he's honestly amazing 4 saying that), he then told me to wait for him.

I asked him why and he told me that he was new to someone liking him and said that I should wait until he's ready to accept that my feelings are real but only if I wanted to. Tht moment I realized that in order for something to forge, it has to be accepted first.

I thanked him for what he said and im actually willing to wait...I've liked him for 9 months now

I dont want it to go to waste, im not giving up yet, I feel like his would be a good try...

Edit: News on this a/n, I gave up on him... yep, totally moved on now. And the feelings lasted for 1 year and four months, kind of a waste yk? Coulda spent those months writing stories and ideas, instead I wrote a fucking song and made my brother figure give it a tune... bless his insanely talented soul!