26

26: Fucked Up

• • • • •

Warning/s: none cuz I dont wanna spoil shiz

• • • • •

"So, why did you agree to this?" Shalnark asked, kneeling in front of her.

(Friend's name) was tied to a chair in the middle of an empty room, it had blank grey walls and tinted windows covered with thick grey curtains so there was barely any sunlight in the room but the small fragments of light from outside illuminated on Shalnark's face, enough for (friend's name) to recognize him.

Inside the room was a small blue tray where syringes and small containers were placed, maybe that's where the odd smell in the room came from, like the essence of anesthesia. Shalnark's phone and pins were placed all the way to the other side of the room, far from (friend's name)'s reach.

She recalled what had happened to her; she and Leorio were buying snacks at the convenient store when she received a message from both Chrollo and Hisoka, asking her to meet up at a certain address, each one had something to do with digging up the past. She had given her phone to Leorio and left to the bathroom, then when he was paying at the cashier, she snuck outside.

Before she could think of a way to communicate with Chrollo, something grabbed her and the last thing she saw before blacking out was a cross tattoo.

"You know you can die," Shalnark continued to scare her. "You know Hiyori and the chain user will get mad if you reveal this secret to (Name)."

"Can't..." she croaked out, unable to speak right. Her mind felt like it was floating, her senses were numb and her thoughts were hazy, she couldn't even think straight much less talk.

"Oh, sorry about that," he told her, a cunning grin on his lips. "Usually, Hiyori's the one who drugs her victims but she's left me enough knowledge so I thought I could experiment on you while we wait."

Drugs? (Friend's name)'s head yelled, realizing why her body has been reacting in a funny way. She glanced at Shalnark and giggled, there was nothing funny but she kept on giggling though she didn't understand why either.

"What's your benefit in this deal?" He asked.

"Chrollo, hehehe, Chrollo said that --" she giggled even more.

Shalnark frowned at her, "I sure hope Hiyori arrives soon, I hate dealing with random high people."

Then his phone rang. It caught his attention and he turned his head to check, his phone vibrated on the floor so he stood and approached it. His grin widened as he answered the call.

"Well, speak of the devil."

. . .

"Call this number, will you?" Rin said, swerving to a corner. She told (Name) the number of the first person that she thought might know something; Shalnark's. Chrollo never forgot to include the blonde with his plans for Rin.

It rang once, twice, thrice... then he answered it. Three rings, he let it ring three times which meant he wasn't going to tell anything. They'd work out this type of system before, one ring is he's free, two ring means he's doing a job, three rings meant he was doing something confidential and four or more rings meant he was literally ignoring her like a kid.

"Well, speak of the devil." Shalnark sounded gleeful, there were no sounds in the background except for excessive giggling. "Hmm, I'm in a good mood so I'll answer one question."

"This is (Name)," said the girl, holding tighter onto Rin as she rode faster. The buildings and people before them were a mere blur to the (hair color) girl's eyes. "Rin's driving. Where's (fri --"