03

03: My Mistake

• • • • •

Warning/s: None

• • • • •

She and her close friend were talking when she saw him again.

He entered the café with two other people, probably his colleagues. His blonde hair framed his delicate face, he looked exactly the same from a few days ago.

Her expression softened at the sight of him.

(Name) couldn't quite see the faces of his company, since they were facing the opposite direction from where she sat.

Apparently, (friend's name) noticed her friend was no longer paying attention to her and looked to where (Name) was looking.

"(Name)-chan," she mused. "Is that the boy you were talking about?"

"Mm-hm," said (Name) with a nod, though she was staring with fazzled eyes at the blonde and didn't hear (friend's name) at all.

"He looks like a girl!" (friend's name) giggled, (Name) snapped out of her thoughts and gave her a look of disbelief.

"Are you serious, (friend's name)?" She said. "He looks exactly like a boy to me."

"Yeah, yeah," said (friend's name), waving her hand dismissively. "Are you sure that's really him?"

(Name) nodded, she placed a hand on her left chest. "I can feel something burning right here, like wildfire."

"What does he feel when he's near or gets too far away from you then?" (friend's name) asked, pointing a curious hand at her friend.

"No idea," said (Name), shaking her head.

"Let's find out, then!" She cheerfully exclaimed and took (Name)'s hand. She dragged the girl from her seat and started to walk towards the group of three.

(Name) started to panic, thinking that (friend's name) was going to talk to them.

But her fear died down when they merely passed them and headed towards the door, and her relief was replaced by pain. She felt it, the sting in her chest as she sucked in a breath.

A crashing sound echoed in the café and the two girls whipped their head around to see the blond male trembling as he clutched his chest, gasping for air.

Everyone had their eyes on the suffocating blonde, none of them dared to move except for his friends. (Name) gripped her friend's hand tightly, fear welling up inside her.

The man with glasses lifted Kurapika up and asked the people in front of him, which happened to be (Name) and (friend's name), to help them bring Kurapika to a hospital.

(Name) had two choices: risk him knowing her or let him die. It was obvious what she'd pick.