25

25: Sudden

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

The past few days, everything had changed. (Name) had observed tension from (friend's name), Kurapika and Rin. They weren't fighting but they didn't seem to be in good terms with each other, (friend's name) had grown distant not only to Rin but to everyone else and was always focused on her phone.

Kurapika isolated himself from them and even when he talked to (Name), he didn't sound okay. Rin was still normal but lately, she hasn't been doing anything that she would do. She seemed... occupied. She refused to remove everyone from her gaze, she was acting so cautious like (Name) and her friends were a threat.

Gon, Killua and Alluka had their own world, (Name) didn't bother joining them because they seemed to be having fun on their own. Melody was the only who spoke naturally to her, but their conversations were short and didn't make sense at most times.

(Name), of course, did not like the change. It felt like everyone was hiding something from her, everything had become quiet.

That's why when Rin sat down next to her on the living room couch, she jumped. This was the first time she approached (Name) the whole week, and she was smiling like nothing ever happened.

Rin and (Name), according to Kurapika, were not allowed to leave the apartment without their company. So when the two girls needed something, Leorio and (friend's name) or Killua and Melody were assigned by the adamant blonde to get it for them.

Earlier today, Rin had asked for snacks so Leorio and (friend's name) volunteered to go to a nearby convenient store to get food. Rin, who seemed to have gotten very impatient, was walking all over the house before she decided to join (Name) on the couch.

"Well, what's with you, (Name)?" She greeted.

The said girl paused, it's been a while since Rin said her name and it sounded different, the way it rolled off her tongue was different from before. There was a careful tone, though the smile on her lips convinced (Name) otherwise.

"I'm alright, I guess," she replied with a shrug. "My dad just called me and asked if he and my mom could meet Kurapika."

It took Rin a few seconds to reply, as if the mention of the word 'dad' had hit a nerve. But she immediately transformed her frown into a surprised expression, "Whoa! Back up a little, magician girl! What does your dad mean by he wants to meet Kurapika?"

"He's aware that we're not together together," said (Name). "But he's got a thing with the soulmate stuff --"

"Tell him no."

Rin's words were blunt, her face was expressionless and (Name) didn't know how to react. Before she could ask why, Rin said, "Trust me, your dad wouldn't want to meet Kurapika yet."

"Why?"

"I know something you don't."

The door swung open, Leorio stepped in. He looked even worse, his eyes were wide and his stare was unfocused. Something was bothering him, even Rin noticed that so she approached the disturbed male.

Leorio whispered something to Rin that (Name) couldn't hear, but it made the ravenette's mood drop. She turned to (Name) and, within a blink of an eye, she was in front of the (hair color) girl whilst grabbing her wrist and dragging her outside the apartment.

"Hey! I told you! Kurapika won't let me go out alone!" (Name) complained, feeling the tightness of Rin's grip.

"You're not alone," said Rin quietly and proceeded to drag her towards the parking lot. Taking a helmet from one of the motorcycles parked there, she threw at (Name) and got on. "Hurry up."

"What?" (Name) exclaimed in confusion. "Where are we going? Is that even yours?"

"It doesn't matter," said Rin, turning back to (Name) and giving her a smile. "I need your help, magician girl."

(Name) stepped back, surprised. "With what?"

Rin took out a familiar phone from the pocket of her jacket and gave it to (Name). "Read the texts on the way."

(Name) got on the motorcycle, "Fine, but I'm not trusting you on this because you're hiding everything."

"Yeah," said Rin.

• • • • •
Okey I was gone for a while bc I was busy with my hArReH p0tTaH rEsEaRcH, im working on a fanfic abt it lol. Anyway, in this chapter, I was hoping to make some sort of thriller vibe because of the new hints! I put many so u guys can guess whats in store! So, same question as always, what do you think will happen next?

Also this was kinda short, abt 700+ words only but thats cuz next chapter will be LONG so it'll make up for this one. Maybe I'll update ltr or tomorrow ig so see ya then! <3