Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2

hope u still enjoy

whines

*******************************************************************************

This could not be happening, I thought to myself as I stared towards the evil and annoying ex of my boyfriend, Gabby. I could say I was a little shocked to see that Jacob’s mother had sneakily invited Gabby to lunch, but then again I honestly wasn’t. I should have known that Jacob’s mother would pull something like this the moment she agreed to invite me to lunch with them last night. 

Still with my eyes set on Gabby, who was still standing at the front of the dining area talking to the hostess, I silently wished I could make her disappear as I stared daggers towards her. I was quickly beginning to grow true and undeniable hatred towards that girl and Jacob’s mothers schemes were just adding to it.  

I discreetly shook my head as I gazed at the tall blonde in disgust and frustration, with her long thick hair that seemed to shimmer in the sun as the summer breeze blew it behind her shoulders and her perfectly made up face and expensive clothes. I watched as she smiled sweetly at the male hostess before sashaying forwards a few steps.  

Stopping just a little ways up from the entrance of the outside dining area, she began to glance around as if looking for someone, someone who I had no doubt to be Jacob. All this happened in just a few seconds and as Gabby’s searching eyes finally landed on our table, I suddenly felt dread run through my body as she focused on Jacob who was still currently standing up looking towards her with confusion. 

Seemingly on cue, Gabby’s lips smoothly turned up into an award winning smile as she looked upon my boyfriend. She gave a short wave towards him right before Jacob twisted back around to face his mother, who had tried to act innocent as she hurriedly started a conversation with Derek and Jacob’s father. 

I on the other hand moved my gaze back to Gabby’s, only to find that her smile was now gone as her gaze finally landed on me. The moment our eyes met, Gabby’s whole demeanor changed as her eyes turned into slits and lips formed a smug grin. She knew what she was doing and it was obvious who she was doing it for.  

Not wanting to let her think she had me scared or shaken by her surprise appearance, I held my ground and gave her a deathly stare of my own. She wasn’t about to intimidate me, Jacob was with me now and I wasn’t about to give her the satisfaction by letting her scare me away.  

While our little silent exchange was going on, I could here Jacob speaking to his mother, “Mother what is Gabby doing here?” I heard him ask as me and the woman in question continued our silent stand off with each other. 

Jacob’s mother didn’t even get to give an explanation to his question as Jacob quickly continued, “No, you know what don’t answer that, just tell her she has to leave, you know I don’t want her here,” he demanded to his mother.

Hearing him say that, I finally broke mine and Gabby’s stare off to glance towards his mother to see her reaction to Jacob’s request. For some reason, I had a feeling Jacob’s mother wasn’t going to do no such thing and I was right in thinking that, “Jacob dear, don’t be so dramatic. I will not tell Gabby that she is not welcomed, that would be just rude. And besides did it ever occur to you that she’s not even here to see you? Jacob darling just because you two are no longer an item doesn’t mean she still isn’t a friend of the families. Your father and I happen to like Gabby’s company, isn’t that right honey?” she explained smoothly before looking towards her husband who was nodding his head in agreement towards his manipulating wife.