Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt

Hope everyone enjoys. Don't forget to comment, vote and fan if you haven't already. Whines8

*************************************************************************

After my amazing date with Jacob ended, he took me back to the villa where he gave me the most gentle kiss before saying goodnight and driving away. When I had walked into the villa, I found Lauren still on the sectional, past out with a bottle of some kind of alcohol beside her. I could tell she had been crying and I knew why.

 From the look of things, Derek hadn’t called or shown up to hang out at all. Seeing my friend in such a sad state had my happy mood from my date fading away quickly and I went to my best friend instantly.

 First I took the bottle from beside her and sat it on the coffee table in front of her. Then I took the phone, that I hadn’t noticed earlier, out of her hand and placed it next to the bottle. 

 Placing my bag down, I went to sit next to Lauren and tried nudging her a little, “Lauren? Lauren? Lauren wake up,” I said, but she was out for the count. 

 Giving a sigh, I ran a hand through my hair and concluded that I would have to carry her to her room. wrapping one arm around her back and with my other hand placing one of her arms around my shoulders, I pushed us both off the sectional and lugged her out of the living room.

 On the way down the hallway Lauren started to mumble things that didn’t make any sense to me, “Shhh its okay Lauren, its just me, Mia. I’m taking you to your room Okay?” I told her even though I knew she probably wasn’t even really awake to hear me.

 Reaching her room, I opened her door and slowly dragged her inside and dropped her on the bed. After I had her snug in her blankets and just about to leave Lauren slurred something and I stopped in my tracks.

 “Lauren did you say something?” I asked while walking back over to the edge of her bed, “Are you awake?”

 “He doesn’t want me..,” Is all she said and she turned to her side away from me and fell back to sleep.

 What she said hurt my heart so bad, I hated to see my friend so upset. She deserved to have someone and be happy too. I was going to have a word with Derek the next time I saw him. 

 Walking out of her room and into mine, I went to take off my clothes. While washing my face and brushing my teeth all I could think about was my heartbroken best friend across the hall from me. 

 I couldn’t believe Derek would do that to her. I thought he was a decent guy, but now after what he did I really didn’t know anymore. 

 Things like this always seemed to happen to Lauren, that’s why I always tried to warn her about giving it up too quickly. I didn’t want her to get hurt like she did tonight. 

Walking out of my bathroom, I got in the bed and got comfortable in the plush blankets and sighed in relief. Tonight had been a long, but amazing night. But even though Jacob has been nothing but wonderful, what happened to Lauren tonight had me worried a little. 

 What if, at some point, I decide that Jacob is the one I want to be my first and I give myself to him. What if Jacob does what Derek did to Lauren and ignores me after getting what he wanted from me. I would be devastated, I wouldn’t know how to handle that especially if I ended up giving him my heart and actually falling in love with him.

 This is why I stayed away from guys and all that came with them. I didn’t want to feel like my best friend was feeling right now. I didn’t want to be thrown away and used like some hooker off the street.