Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3

Hope you guys like. This is another part of this big chapter. (A night of Revealing Truths and Confessions) If there are mistakes which I know there might be lol SORRY. Also please dont forget to COMMENT, (I love those) and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE also follow if you havent and if you would be so kind spread the word on my story so other people can enjoy it too.

Whines8

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3

“Oh Mia, don’t you look lovely, how are you this evening?” Jacob’s mother asked in a sickly sweet voice, that of course went unnoticed by Jacob. 

Taking another deep breath I conjured up all the confidence I could and stepped forward and brought the crazy women in for a hug, “Thank you,” I said responding to her fake compliment as I pulled away, “I'm great, your event turned out really nice.”

Jacob’s mother’s smile never faltered as she nodded towards me, “Yes it looks to be a great turn out this year,” she said before glancing over towards a quiet Gabby, “I’m so sorry your father couldn’t make it this evening dear, I’m sure he would have just died to get his hands on a few of the pieces we are auctioning off tonight,” I noticed as she spoke to Gabby that her smile was actually genuine and that in itself made my blood boil. 

What was so great about Gabby, under her sunny blond hair, perfect looks and money she seemed cold hearted, manipulative and selfish and not to mention she seemed to think anyone with a much smaller bank account than her was irrelevant. And Jacob’s mother thought she was better than me.

I was pulled out of my internal seething when I heard the evil blonds voice, “Oh don’t worry he will be, he’s asked me to stand in his place tonight. He told me there is a certain piece he has wanted that will be auctioned tonight and he informed me to spare no expense to get it,” Gabby said before turning the conversation towards Jacob and I again.

“So Mia, are you participating in the charity auction this evening?” Gabby said in an overly kind tone as her smile widened on her lips. Raising my head higher I answered her with no shame, “No, I’m just here to enjoy myself,” I said as I smiled up at Jacob who was doing the same back towards me. 

I tightened my hold on Jacobs arm as Gabby’s questions turned to him, “What about you Jacob, you participating this year?” at the same time Jacob and his mother both went to answer her, with Jacob saying “No”, while his mother said “Yes”.

Jacob shot a look towards his mother at that, “Mother I told you the other day that I wasn’t taking part in the charity auction this year, remember?” he said to his mother quickly. 

“Oh Jacob dear, I know, but I thought you would have changed your mind by now. You always participate in the auction, you know it means a lot to the charity and even more to me,” she said sounding disappointed, but I couldn’t help thinking she was trying to manipulate Jacob into changing his mind by guilting him in to it. 

As his mother went on I caught Gabby narrowing her eyes at me before getting Jacob’s attention, her smile back on her face, “What made you change your mind about participating this year? I thought you loved it?” she asked but I could tell there was another meaning behind her question. What she really was asking was ‘is it because of your new girlfriend’ and I just hoped he would say yes… in so many words.