First Semester

The semester passed rather quickly, but with a few stories.

Draco often passed by, freaked out and scared all of a sudden. Didn't help that Harry kept stalking the poor guy.

"Hey, Draco," I called out.

He started to walk a little faster. My hand shot out and grabbed his arm, and he whipped around. "What, you little blood-traitor?" He demanded.

"I wanted to know if you were okay!" I cried. "You're not acting like yourself, and I want to know what the hell it is. We were friends, once, remember?"

"We were before we met that little Squib!" He shouted.

"How dare you?" I demanded. "How freakin-"

"What?" He answered. "Does it bother you to hear me talk about your little Huffepuff? I thought you'd moved on with that mudblood, Emrys."

"Hey!" I yelled. "You don't get to call either of them those things!"

"Love him do you?" He continued, despite hurt in those silvery eyes.

"Hiding your own feelings, Malfoy?" I shot back.

There was hurt now. "You never called me by my last name," he said.

"Well, you didn't hit me below the belt," I retorted, and I walked away. "I'm sorry I even asked."

"A-A-A-"

"Save it," I snapped, and I flipped my hair in a drama-queen hair.

Another time, two kids, a Slytherin first-year, a Hufflepuff first-year and a Ravenclaw third-year were going down the hallway when Ky happened to be coming down it.

They bumped into him, making all of the books tumble out of his arms.

"Watch where you're going," the Ravenclaw sneered. He knelt down to gather his books, only for the Slytherin to shove him to the ground.

"That was for murdering her sister and kidnapping her father," the Slytherin hissed nastily, referring to the red-eyed Hufflepuff. Ky just stared back. "Why don't you fight us?" He taunted.

"Yeah, you were so eager before," the Ravenclaw continued. "Always telling us how weak we were, how we couldn't possibly win. Potter might treat you like you've changed, but we all know the truth. She doesn't trust you as far as she can throw you."

Ky remained silent, even as the Hufflepuff kicked him right in the chest. Didn't even cry out. "I would question it if she didn't," he then said honestly. "And I know this means nothing to you, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry about Glenda."

"How dare you say her name?" The Ravenclaw pulled his tie tight enough that Ky was making choking noises, and then threw him down, and all three whipped out their wands. Time to bail him out and break up a murder attempt.

"Hello there, everyone. Fortescue, Perkins, Youngblood, it's nice to see that you're making friends," I said in my cold, melancholy voice.

"Oh, um," Fortescue sniffled.

"Forgiveness is a beautiful, beautiful thing, don't you think?" I asked, as I strode over.

They exchanged looks nervously, until I was a foot in front of them.

"We don't attack people who are defenseless. Who have no option but to lay still while we beat the crap out of them," I said. "We may borrow some tactics from the other side, but we're not going to beat a man who never has his wand on him, no matter what he may have done in the past. Do you understand?"

All three nodded. "And I'm sorry, Miss Fortescue, for the loss of your sister and your father."

"You have no idea what that means to me," Fortescue sobbed, and had hurried off with her friends. I started to help pick up Ky's books, and I offered a hand up, which actually almost dragged me down, since I hadn't grown at all.