Plans for the Holidays

Christmas drew nearer and nearer. There was decorating in the Great Hall, and plans were being made.

Wesley put an arm around me as we began towards the castle from Hogsmeade. "Just think, tomorrow, you'll be spending the holidays at my parents' house. We can hang around the village, maybe go on a few dates, all of that. I hear there are even going to be horse-drawn carriage rides," he said.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "I can't wait, Wes. Our first Christmas as a couple!" I looked down at my bags from Christmas shopping for our other friends. I had something really special that I'd gotten for Wesley.

I'd needed a bit of help making it, but I'd gotten him a chain with a heart that glowed whenever I was around. It was originally a diamond heart from the muggle-stuff shop, but I thought the enchantments would be appreciated. He wouldn't have to wear it, I just wanted him to have it. I also had made all of my Christmas cards, and was ready to go with all of that.

There was a reason that I loved Christmas time. "Besides, on the twenty-fifth, it's our one-year anniversary," I said. "Remember the Yule Ball?"

"Every time I look at you, love," Wesley said, and he squeezed my shoulder and smiled warmly at me.

I blushed and smiled back. "I'm so glad your parents invited me."

"As am I."

That night, I was passing out presents that I was giving my friends. "Promise you won't open them until Christmas Day?"

Everyone nodded eagerly, and we all exchanged our packages of presents, and grinned. "Don't be afraid to send owls over. We've done great this semester, guys. Thank you for helping lead the Spark," I said.

"We're happy to," Hayden said. "We're gonna be remembered as the spark that set off an explosion."

I grinned, and we got into a group hug. "This is gonna be the best Christmas ever!"

I'm standing behind a blue couch. Wesley looks at me, and devastation crosses both our faces. We reach for each other, but the couch is some sort of wall. I managed to jump over onto it, and sit down. Wesley looks over at me, dismisses me as some vision, and then looks again, but reaches for me, when I turn to a metaphysical form, and his hands pass through me, as I fly onto a bed. I snap awake, and see him lying next to me. He reaches for me, but something pulls me away under the sheets-

I'm a snake with powerful stomach muscles, slithering down a cool blue corridor. I smell a human- warm and delicious. I slither towards him, as he gets to his feet, and draws his long stick... A man with red hair and those weird frame things that humans wear.

Before he can do anything, I bite him, and blood rushes into my mouth. I continue to bite, when I hear my master call. I leave him, barely alive, and I slither to my master...

I sat straight up, and leaned over the edge of the bed and vomited. I panted in the stillness, when I realized that all of my roommates were standing there, Daphne looking in concern, the rest in fear and disgust.

"I'm getting Snape," Daphne said quickly, and she ran out of the room.

"Have a bad nightmare, Potter?" Pansy taunted. "Just can't ever seem to get your act together, can you? All whining about something these days. No wonder the Dark Lord let you go. You were too weak to be his apprentice."

I looked at her in rage and hatred. "You try and walk my road, Pansy. Maybe someday you'll see my life for what it really is."

She tittered with cruel laughter.

Severus was dragged into the room by Daphne. His eyes widened when he saw the sick on the floor, and vanished it. "Back to bed, all of you. Come with me, Alice," he said.

I followed him into his office. "Greengrass tells me you had a nightmare. Care to share anything?" Severus asked.

I stared at him. How does he know? "I was dreaming of something else first, and then this dream interrupted it. I was a snake, and I attacked Arthur Weasley. I think he's in trouble."

Severus stared at me, and for a minute, I thought that maybe he didn't believe me. "Up to Dumbledore's office," he ordered. I released a breath I hadn't realized that I was holding. I followed obediently, to where McGonagall entered with Harry.

"Severus, Minerva, Harry...and Alice. What a pleasant surprise," Dumbledore said.

I folded my arms and narrowed my eyes. I'm not going to pretend I didn't catch that little slip.

"Potter had a nightmare," McGonagall said.

"So did Alice," Severus said. "We believe it's a vision."

"Explain," Dumbledore said, looking at Harry.

I spoke up and explained very quickly.

"Hurry up!" Harry burst out. "Don't you realize how much a man bleeds?"

Severus gave him a sharp look, and I felt relieved.

"Bring the Weasleys up," Dumbledore ordered McGonagall. He turned to a portrait. "Everard, go find the man. He has red hair and glasses." The portrait nodded, and went off. He turned to another. "Phineas, tell Sirius that his godson, his sister, and Molly Weasley's kids will be staying for the holidays."

"Wait, what?" I interrupted. "I'm going to my boyfriend's over the holidays, I can't go to Grimmauld Place!"

"Alice, surely you know that the situation's changed," Dumbledore said, trying to appease me.

"No! No it hasn't, not for me! I've been planning this for weeks!" I protested.

"I'm afraid you've got to stop carrying on like a brat and deal with it," Dumbledore said.

"Excuse me?" I demanded, and everyone took in a gasp. I sauntered forwards, until I was inches away from Dumbledore. I felt a lot taller than I was, despite him being about five inches taller than me. "Look, Dumbledore, I made my plans, and I want to spend my holiday with the boy I love. I am not being a brat, and if I am, well I feel like I deserve to, especially when you put me through hell."

"Back down, Potter, or I will expel you," Dumbledore said coldly.

Reluctantly, I backed away, still giving him the stink-eye. "Good." Severus arrived with my baggage, McGonagall with Harry's. I was about ready to murder someone. Are you serious? This doesn't even affect me! It's so unfair!

He then arranged a Portkey, and we took our luggage with us, and arrived in Grimmauld Place.

"Hey, Harry, Weasley Clan... Alice," Sirius said, as he welcomed us in his kitchen. "It's gonna be great, staying with Uncle Sirius- I was expecting to be lonely over the holidays."

"Can I go to bed?" I asked.

He frowned. "If you're that tired, Alice, go to the room you usually stay in."

I nodded, grabbed my luggage, and left the Weasleys to worry. I had more pressing feelings. As soon as I got inside, I slammed the door behind me, and locked it. It had a pastel wallpaper, and a canopy bed with pale cherry wood furniture and floral pastel patterns. Not my style, but it'll do. I flopped onto the bed, and started letting the tears I had go so badly. I then leaned to take the red crystal heart I'd enchanted, and let my tears drip onto the gift. Christmas is ruined...

Wish you were here, I thought as I looked to the ceiling, and held the crystal heart close to my beating one.