The Spark

Of course, Fudge didn't care what I'd said. In fact, he tried to make me look like a fool, which really didn't exactly help me stay calm and look like I was trustworthy- by the way, the minister apparently really appreciated my right-hook.

"Be safe, you two," Uncle Sirius said to the two of us. "We wouldn't want anything happening to you."

"Trust me, they aren't taking me again, unless they'd like to die," I said grimly.

"Oh, we know, Al," Sirius said, patting me on the head.

I ducked away, and went into a compartment with Hayden and Wesley, and some more of their crowd.

There was Luis Hernandez, the Latino boy in Ravenclaw who was often thinking something clever, and always solving some sort of problem.

Ellie Anders was a Slytherin, not that I'd ever interacted with her much before, who was a clever, mechanical girl.

Alexander Fawley was the blondie who was into music, and really seemed to have this deep, introspective soul.

And finally, there was Teddy Tolipan, a redhead with bright hazel eyes who seemed to have heroic dreams and such.

"I've heard some things about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor," Teddy had said.

"How do you know who it is?" I asked.

"My mum works in the ministry," Teddy said proudly.

"I've heard some stuff, too," Luis said.

"Well, spill it, then," Hayden said. "We're all dying of curiosity here."

"It's a she, from what I've heard," Teddy said. "And she worked at the Ministry of Magic for a long time."

"Rumor has it that she's pretty unlikable," Luis added.

"Maybe the rumors are wrong," Wesley said hopefully. I punched him playfully on the arm.

"That'd be just like you, you sentimental 'Puff," I teased. "Believing the best on anyone."

"Are you done acting like a couple?" Luis groaned.

"Sorry," we chorused sheepishly.

"I also heard that she's coming to discredit Dumbledore," Teddy continued. "I think she's an Inquisitor of some sort?"

"The High Inquisitor," Luis corrected her. "Yeah, my dad heard something about that when he was fixing one of the machines for the Ministry. Chances are, she's probably going to try to discredit the Potters, too."

Everyone glanced over at me. I placed my arms behind my head and leaned back.

"It's high time somebody knocked them off of their tower," I said casually.

"You know that means that she's going to try to make you look bad," Luis said. "Right?"

"Let her try. I have more important things to work on. Like organizing a rebellion," I said, with lightning crackling in my eyes.

"Rebellion?" Luis looked about nervously.

"Yeah, rebellion," I said. "Someone's got to stand against Voldemort. Besides, if my suspicions are worth anything, we've got to recruit and train the others as quickly as possible."

"What are you talking about?" Ellie asked.

"I was Voldemort's apprentice," I confided. "He was training another kid- and he's at Hogwarts this year. I think he's recruiting into the Death Eaters, and into an elite force of them, if I'm thinking correctly."