Can You Feel the Love?

When I awoke, I went down to the kitchen, and brewed a large coffee pot. What I didn't expect was for Tonks to be there, with Uncle Remus.

"Happy Holidays, Alice," they chorused.

"Uncle Remus! Auntie Tonks!" I cried, and I hugged them.

"Y'know, we're not married yet," Uncle Remus joked.

Tonks swatted him. "Tell her the good news!"

I paled. "Don't tell me he proposed!"

Tonks and Uncle Remus grinned and nodded, holding each other close.

I grinned and clapped. "Congratulations! When's the wedding?" I asked.

"We're thinking some time in August next year," Tonks said. "We should have enough money by then."

I felt guilty. "Why don't you ask Mum and Dad for money?"

"Y'know, that's what I told this prideful prat, but he wouldn't listen," Tonks teased.

"At least I really can call you Auntie Tonks now," I said, as I began pouring my own coffee out.

"Yeah," Uncle Remus said. "By the way, Severus mentioned that you were a bit upset, so we came to cheer you up."

"It's okay, you didn't have to do that," I said, and I gulped down some of my coffee.

"And we were so looking forward to hearing about you and Wesley," Uncle Remus continued, smiling a bit more like a Marauder.

"It's fine," I lied. "It's not like anyone cares, so why should I? I'm making a big deal out of nothing."

"Well, we're suckers for young love," Auntie Tonks said, and she and Uncle Remus exchanged a conspiratorial glance. "So pack up what you can into a small bag, because we're driving you to see your sweetheart!"

"Really?" I cried. "Thank you, thank you so much!"

"We talked to the Diggorys, and they'll still be happy to see you, but they're making it a surprise for Wesley," Uncle Remus said. "They were really looking forward to it."

"What about Dumbledore? I don't want you two to get in trouble for me," I said earnestly.

"Dumbledore can go suck it," Auntie Tonks said. "You really deserve to have this, Alice. Harry gets everything he wants, so I think you should get to hang out with your sweetheart."

"Plus, I guess you could say we're feeling the love," Uncle Remus said.

"Thank you so much, I'll be changed and back down in five minutes," I said. I then ran up the stairs as quietly as possible, and packed my gifts, my robes in case of a party, and several jeans and t-shirts. I grabbed my sneakers, laced them up, threw on a pair of jeans, stuffed my hair into my burgundy cap, and threw on my plum leather jacket on, and zipped it up. I threw on my fingerless gloves, and threw on a Slytherin scarf to tie it off all nicely.

I crept back down the stairs with everything in my now bulging Sleeping Beauty bag. Auntie Tonks and Uncle Remus were waiting with the car keys. We locked the door behind us as we snuck out, and I got into the back of Uncle Remus's half-rusted silvery-blue sedan, and buckled my seatbelt.

Auntie Tonks got in the shotgun seat, and turned on the radio. "Hit it! This ain't no disco. It ain't no country club either. This is LA!"

"Sheryl Crow!" I crowed. Auntie Tonks smiled at me in the rear-view mirror.

"That's my girl!" She cried, and she gave me a high-five.

I heard Christmas music as we pulled into the village of St. Ottery's Catchpole. A Patronus in the shape of a phoenix floated into the car.