Chapter 6 - "I will kill you."

Felicia headed to the DT room, where she knew Peter had gone previously, she walked into the room, and saw people working on their projects, and saw Peter with his back to her ahead. She pushed her dark hair over her shoulders, before she joined him to see him hitting the object with a hammer.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked him harshly as she wrapped a hand round his wrist and the other around the hammer with wide eyes.

"What?" He asked her incredulously.

"Erm, I don't know." Felicia told him. "Maybe the fact that this object you're hitting with a hammer could explode." She told him. "We're not engineers and have no idea how this weapon was engineered. This could be explosive, and you'd blow up the whole room, maybe the school up. It is very capable of vaporising people, and you hit it with a hammer? I thought you were smart!"

"Oh." He said as she let go of him and the hammer. "I didn't really think of that." He leant close to her. "Maybe you could contain it if it explodes, with your green energy stuff." He whispered.

Felicia looked straight at him and narrowed her eyes as she tilted her head to the side. "Are you serious?" She asked him. "And die in the process? I don't want to die yet, Peter. I want to at least reach 21."

"You will." He assured her. "I'm sure you can contain it." She looked at him to see he was nodding enthusiastically at her. She sighed and ran a hand over her face and shook it. She couldn't say no when he showed such enthusiasm in her abilities.

"Fine." She gave in. "But if I die. I will kill you."

Peter simply hit the weapon with the hammer a few more times, until something came loose and they both reached to pick it up. She got to it first and pulled the red wire from it and placed it on the side, just as Ned joined them. "Hey, thanks for bailing on me." He told Peter, them he did a double take as he looked to Felicia. "For Felicia, it seems."

"Something came up." Peter told the boy as his eyes travelled to the weapon.

Ned followed Peter's gaze and he widened his eyes as he gazed at it. "Woahh!" Ned awed at it. "What is that?"

"I don't know." Peter replied as he dug a screwdriver into the weapon, making Felicia wince painfully. She grit her teeth as he pried a small piece from it using the screwdriver. "Some guy tried to vaporise us with it!"

"Peter." She hissed. "Would you be careful?" She asked."I mean, out the two of us, I should really be taking this thing apart. My step-dad is an engineer, and I sometimes watch him stuff apart at the dinner table!" She told him.

"But you need to stand there and watch it carefully." He told her. "And if it explodes, you need to contain it. We don't want it to explode or vaporise anyone!" Felicia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Seriously?" Ned asked them.

"Yeah." They replied together.

"Awesome!" Ned grinned, making Felicia face him with a quirked brow, and Peter also faced him with a look on his face. "I mean, not awesome." He corrected himself. "Totally uncool really. Sounds scary."

"Well, I think it's a power source." Peter explained to his best friend as he continued to dig at the weapon with the screwdriver, making Felicia's anxiety levels go through the roof.

"Yeah, but it's connected to all those mechanical processors." Ned explained as he pointed at the weapon. But before he could continue, she was getting a call.

"Gotta take this." She told them as she left the classroom and answered the call. "What is it, MJ?" She asked the girl as she leant against a wall.