Chapter 1 - "And get distracted and get bad grades? I don't think so"

A 10 year old Felicia was hanging on a ledge of a very high building, looking up at her father who was on the ledge safely. "Now, Felly, What is your mother?" Her father yelled.

"A bitch!" She told him. He always did this, it kind of annoyed her, but her father had said she left them both for someone richer. He called her a gold digger.

"That's right. Now, how do you plan on getting back to safety ground?" He asked her.

"By doing it on my own and not asking for help, off of anyone!" She told him. "I'm gonna grappling on over to the building across the way, then I'm gonna climb down it!"

"That's right!" Her father smiled at her proudly. So she let go of the ledge with one hand, holding on by just one hand. She grabbed her grappling hook from her belt and swung it around before she threw it towards the building across the way.

It latched onto the another building and she smiled in victory. She then pushed off the wall and swung all the way over to the building. She climbed up the side, using the rope attached to the grappling hook. She pulled it out of the stone and crouched on the ledge, looking down at the city below her.

She had always hated training at such a young age, but one of the things she loved about it was, the fact that while on a building, she could look at the bustling and busy city below her.

She looked below and she saw a few extended window ledges and a few flags with poles that looked quite steady.

She looked over at her father and smiled at him, before she stood up and stepped off the ledge. She was falling through the air and caught onto a ledge.

She let go of the ledge and gripped the flags pole, it was now only a few floors down so she let go of the pole and fell all the way down and landed in a crouch. She stood and saw what building it was. A jewellery, she pretended not to notice and carried on over to where her father always meets her after being out.

Her father wasn't there, she figured he went back home, so she headed that way a bit angry that she waited there for him and he never showed up.

She walked all the there, however when she got close she smelt smoke and looked up in the air and saw smoke. Something was on fire, she sped her walking up and turned the corner to her house.

But what she saw made her heart stop, her house was on fire. "Oh, my god!" She said softly. "Dad!" She screamed as she ran towards the burning house.

She kicked the door down and jumped through the fire, it not even bothering her at the moment. She heard him rushing about. He ran into her and handed her her suitcase. "It's got all the things you'll need in there. Including school stuff." He told her.

"But-"

"Stay here, I just need to get something!" He said before he ran off again.

She was on one side and her dad on the other. The roof above him seemed to be close to collapsing, she wished that he'd hurry up. He was coming back but it collapsed just in front of him. "Dad!" She yelled.

"It's ok, it's ok! Catch this!" He told her as he threw something over to her. She caught it with ease and looked down to what was in her hand.

It was a mask. "Dad, is this a mask?" She asked him confused.

"Yes, So people don't know your identity when your out doing what I taught you!" He said before he began to cough from the smoke as she had her arm over her mouth.

The fire was touching him. He screamed in pain and she went to run towards him but two hands grabbed her round the waist and pulled her and her suitcase out of the burning house. She began to cough from the smoke.

"No!" She screamed trying to get out the persons grip, but their grip was like steel or iron, in moveable.

They were out the house. "Look!" Someone told her. She faced them. It wasn't a fireman, or anyone she knew. Though she did know who it was, he was an avenger. It was Captain America. "Were you and your father the only ones who lived here?" He asked her.

"Yeah!" She nodded tears running down her cheeks.

"What's your name?" He asked her.

"Felicia Hardy!" She told him.

"Ok, Felicia. It's gonna be ok, Ok?" He asked her. She nodded.

"Now, do you have anyone else that can look after you?" He asked her.

"Yes, my mother!" She told him, regretting saying that the second it left her mouth.

Felicia awoke with a start. She sat up and saw she was in her grand room at her mother and step fathers house, it was basically a mansion. She slid out of bed and walked across her room to her bathroom, where she got into her bath.

"Felicia!" She heard the faint yell of her mother. She rolled her eyes. Couldn't that woman just leave her alone, she had just woke up.

She decided to ignore her and to soak in the bath. After about 30 minutes she decided it was time to get out, so she got out of her bath and unplugged the bath, she wrapped the towel around her body and walked out of her bathroom.

She then got dressed into some jeans and a white blouse. She pulled on her hoodie and heeled ankle boots. She brushed her damp hair through and pulled it up into a high ponytail.

She grabbed her bag and left her room, going downstairs. She saw her mother, step father and two brothers sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast. "Felicianna, darling! Come here!" Her mother called.

She rolled her eyes at the use of her full name and spun on her heel and went into the kitchen. "Darling, are you coming to dinner later?" Her mother asked. "We're going to a restaurant, right after school!"

She was doing something after school. "I can't make it!" She told her mother.

"Right, you have that Decathlon thing!" Jared said pointing at her.

"Right!" She nodded. She grabbed a piece of toast off of the table from the very large range of food on the table. "Right, I must go! Or I'll be late!"

"Why don't you let your father drive you to school like he does James and Jared!" Her mother asked her. She gritted her teeth at 'Father'. He wasn't her father, her father died in a fire!

"Well, probably because they go to a fancy private school and I go to a public school. I don't want any attention on me!" She told them.

"You won't even make friends! I mean, Darling, you should make some friends! It'd be good for you!" Her mother told her.

"And get distracted and get bad grades, I don't think so!" She told her mother.

"We're rich, Licia! You can go and ask for a job without any grades and they'll give it to you!" James told her.

"Right, But I really need to go!" She said before she hurried out of the room and left her house. It was a long way to go and get the train, but she didn't care.