Chapter 3 - "Black Cat! I would say it's nice to meet you, but it isn't."

She arrived back home and changed into her sleeping clothes and hid all her things under a loose floorboard under her bed. She sat on her bed and began to read a book. She loved when a mission went right.

•••

The next morning consisted of the same thing. Which she knew was boring. It was lunch and she was sitting on her own and ate, when Michelle came over and sat with her.

"Why do you sit on your own?" Michelle asked her.

"People are annoying! I much rather prefer cats!" She told her with a small smile.

"Not everyone is bad. Like me, I'm fine. Or that guy over there!" Michelle said gesturing with a slight jerk of her head.

She looked on over to find the boy that Flash picks on. "Yeah? Who is he?" She asked.

"Who is he?" Michelle asked. "That's Peter Parker! How do you not know him?"

"Simple! I don't like people!" She shrugged as if it were obvious.

Michelle rolled her eyes. "Whatever!" She said before she walked off. She then finished her lunch and headed for her locker. She hated being around people.

•••

She was on a ledge of one of the highest buildings in Queens. She was swinging her legs when she felt a presence behind her. "You robbed Mr Black!" The young sounding voice said.

She spun round and saw a boy dressed in the most pathetic outfit ever. She scoffed. "So?" She asked him as she raised an eyebrow.

"So, you need to take it back! Or I'll take it off of you!" He said, though he sounded unsure.

"Kid, I won't take it back, he's deserves it. As for this whole 'oh, I'm a hero!' You need to work on it. How long have you been doing this? A day, a week?" She asked as she crouched on the ledge.

"A-a week and a half!" He told her. "How about you?"

"Trained for more than a decade. Did what I currently do for half a decade!" She smiled.

"Who are you?" He asked her obviously intrigued by her.

"Black Cat! I would say it's nice to meet you, but it isn't! See you around, Spider-Boy!" She said before she stood and tilted back like she was doing a trust fall and fell to the floor, she grabbed a lamppost and dropped to the floor, before she walked away from the building.

This Spider-Boy was new. Incredibly new and she didn't like people messing up her missions.

•••

She was on her bed falling asleep when the door burst open and Jared came through. He sat down on her legs. "Jared, What?" She snapped.

"Why don't you go to a private school?" Jared asked her.

"Because I don't want to!" She shrugged as she pulled her feet from under him. She then swiftly kicked him off her bed. "Now, go away! I'm tired!" She snapped.

"Ok, Anna!" He smirked.

She grabbed her book and threw it at him, the spine of it hitting him in the face, resulting in him rubbing his face muttering profanities as he closed the door behind her. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

•••

When she awoke she did her usual morning routine and headed downstairs to grab some breakfast. She grabbed a piece of toast with some strawberry jam on it.

She began to eat it and sat down on the counter. When James came in and pulled her off. "You don't do that!" He told her.

"Oh, boo hoo!" She said as she finished her toast as the others came in.

"I should be going!" She said as she squeezed past them all.

"Young lady!" Her step father said making her freeze to the spot and turn.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Well, I called in your school this morning. You're not going in today, I'm taking you somewhere!" He told her.

"Oh, Ok!" She said confusion written all over her face.

Her mother took her bag and placed it on the floor beside the table. "First we'll take your brothers to school!" Her father said as he walked off to somewhere in the house.

She shrugged and headed for the drawing room to sit near the fire, to ponder what he had in store for her this time. If she was in trouble? If he found the jewellery?

But they were in a safe place, so that was a no. What if they found out about her being Black Cat? But she was sure all of them would talk if that was the case. It frustrated her to not know what he wanted and why he took her out of school!

It almost made her anxious, scared and happy all at the same time if that was possible. She guessed she'd just have to wait and see what he wanted with her.