12) Fun

Hey, tigrottos.

That song attached to this chapter is sooo Omertà

It's getting steeaaaammyy up in here. 

xoxo

* * *

                        Your place or mine?

                        Ferro’s beautiful, angular face was right in front of mine, awaiting a response. I had the most handsome man in front of me, practically begging me to have sex with him, and I was 100% sure he was in the mob.  I was also sure that had killed a woman right next door to me.

                        This was truly the most monumental, conflicting moment in my life. The worst part was that he knew how difficult this decision was for me and he was surely getting a kick out of it.

                        It was as if I was his science experiment and I was under his microscope, getting probed by a sharp object as he snickered evilly. It was clear that I had to say no to his proposal, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t. And Ferro was not helping me come to terms with the reality of the situation, with his…his…everything. The reality was that he was a killer and there was a woman—maybe a woman a lot like me—who had been having sex with Ferro and was killed in a blink of an eye.

                        I couldn’t meet his eyes. “I need you to leave, Ferro.”

                        I then spun around and pulled open the bathroom door, welcoming the cool air from my bedroom. I was surprised that he let me leave. Feeling Ferro’s heated gaze on my back, I scurried into my closet, slamming the door behind me and pressing my back against the cold wood.

                        It was then that I let out the breath I had been holding.

                        “Jesus Christ,” I panted out.

                         I quickly slipped on underwear, a bra, and a fluffy robe and then tied the velvety belt tightly around my waist. Maybe when I stepped out of the closet, he would be gone already. The front door was loud, though, and I hadn’t heard it open or close.

                        As a last resort, I fished through the back of my closet and grabbed an umbrella. My hands were shaking so hard that I could barely grasp the handle to open the door back up.

                        “Ferro,” I began firmly as I opened the door, controlling the tremble in my voice, “I’m not going to tell you again, you need to—“

                        The rest of the words fell away.

                        Ferro was sprawled out on my bed, still half-naked, with an arm behind his head and my vibrator in his right hand. He flicked the button on and off, amused at the various speeds and grinning wildly.