Chapter 57: Tra La Ombre

MY CHILDREN!!! YOUR EYES DO NOT DECEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOMMY STILL LOVES YOU, I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH YUMMY SECRET PROJECTS FOR YOU!!!! <3333

  THE TIGROTTA -LINGUINI QUEEN IS BACK!!! *twerks into Renegade Tic-Tok*

AND SHE IS HERE WITH A SMALL QUAREN-TEA GIFT TO CHEER YOU GUYS UP!!! 

HOW IS EVERYONE HOLDING UP BTW??????

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER! MUCH LOVE AND STAY SAFE!!!!  

 XOOXOO

* * *

If you could kindly vote and leave feedback on this chapter it would help my writing career and I would so appreciate it! Your love is my motivation! :)

***

            "Come with you?" I asked, whispering it back to him even though the blast of the shower was muffling our words. "Come with you where?" The unease in his expression made me clutch his hand. "What did you do?"

He raked his hand back and forth through his thick espresso brown hair, pulling at the curled ends a little. I noticed the dark circles forming underneath his eyes from stress.

"Fico notified Tra La Ombre of Vincent," Ferro said. "They're sending representatives from Italy to stay at the estate and evaluate the situation. We expect them to arrive in a few weeks."

Tra La Ombre was the organization that had taken Ferro off the streets in Sicily and carved an orphaned boy into a proficient killer. From what Ferro had told me about the organization, which was very little and nothing pretty, and from what I suspected, Tra La Ombre shaped their hitmen using unpleasant methods that engraved their souls like scars.

Luckily, a loving side of Ferro had survived the pain of his past. He still had so much heart and love to him, but that didn't change the fact that he was a hitman, and that at Fico's command, Ferro killed.

Ferro and his younger brother, Vincent, had been separated at a young age, and Ferro had been told he was dead. But little did Ferro know that both him and his brother had shared the same fate as contracted killers with ties to Tra La Ombre.Vincent had tracked down Ferro to Fico's mafia, and in an attempt to hide from his past, he'd disguised himself as someone else entirely, Benjamin and hid right under Ferro's nose.

Vincent's intentions long-term for Fico's mafia and Ferro had been anything but good, but even considering all the recent events, even if it didn't make any sense at all, I couldn't help but feel conflicted about Vincent, especially when I considered Ferro's happiness. Losing his younger brother had been the ultimate hole in Ferro's heart, and now that he had him, he hardly recognized the person he'd become.

"What will this mean for Vincent?" I asked, reeling all of this and the past few days over in a tornado of anxiety. "What will Tra La Ombre do to him?"

Ferro's jaw clenched as he leaned back against the bathroom counter, his head tilting as his eyes down casted. "Tra La Ombre won't tolerate Vincent's disobedience."

"They'll kill him," I guessed.

Ferro nodded tightly. "A blacklisted assassin is sought out and executed. It won't be a quick death."

I covered my mouth with my hand, horrified just by what my imagination could conjure up as a 'slow' death by an assassin organization.