Chapter 55: Shot at the Night

LET MOMMA HEAR YOU SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEETIES, WHAT'S GOOD?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!! *NICKI VOICE*

 SORRY FOR SLOW UPDATES, THE WRITING BLOCK HAS BEEN SO PAINFULLY REAL BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER.. SHIA LABEOUF  SHIT ON MY CREATIVITY FOR A WHILE THERE, BUT IT'S KINDA BACK NOW. 

 (Lurking from the shadows, it's Shia LaBeouf! Reading on Wattpad, it's Shia LaBeouf! Taking it in the butt, it's Shia LaBeouf!)

Anyway.

BACK TO CAPS. AS MUCH AS I WANT TO UPDATE ALL THE TIME, I SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE TIME BETWEEN COLLEGE & EATING MY FEELINGS & PUBLISHING MY DIMBFF SERIES. I LITERALLY PUT ALMOST ALL MY FREE TIME TOWARDS WRITING FOR MY FANS ON WATTPAD. 

I LOVE WHEN YOU GUYS ARE HAPPY BECAUSE IT MAKES ME HAPPY, BUT I ALSO HAVE TO WRITE FOR MYSELF AND WRITE FOR WHAT'S FLOWING AT THE TIME, AND FIND A BALANCE, OR ELSE I GET SERIOUSLY STRESSED OUT.. 

SO A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN PATIENT!!! SERIOUSLY, Y'ALL THE BEST. I JUST GOT ALL SOUTHERN & SHIT. #YEET

XOXO
GOSSIP GASPARRO (plot twist)

 * * *

FERRO POV

A sharp blast of pain in my jaw and head jarred me awake. Fico stood above me, his midnight Armani suit blocking the unbearably bright fluorescents of the hospital. His features were locked in their usual scowl and his good eye was tightly narrowed with anger.

"It's done," Fico said in Italian.

For a moment, I just stared at him. I sprawled out amongst an assortment of things that had fallen to the floor. Scarlett. I sat up as my lungs crushed tightly together with anxiety. I surveyed the room with wide eyes, the memory of it all crashing back at me like a suffocating wave.

Everything had actually felt normal, after the most unusual event of my life. I was kissing Scarlett, buttoning my dress shirt over her naked flesh and savoring the taste of her lips. She was safe. I'd left her there and walked outside of the hospital bathroom with my slacks, undershirt, and socks on. The moment I'd entered the room, something felt off. It was as if my subconscious had memorized every inch of the room, and few items had been moved.

The hair at the back of my neck had risen as my muscles tensed with foreboding fear that something was terrible wrong. I heard a sound, which was nearly silent, like the gathering of birds on the grass before a wicked storm. And then he spoke up amongst the silence.

"Brother."

My reflexes had kicked in, but not quick enough. Vince's fist had slammed into my jaw so hard that I was knocked back into a rolling tray against the wall behind me. Vince was a leaner, smaller build than me, but he had powerful upper body strength, and locked me in a debilitating chokehold.

My socks are what screwed me over as my feet slid back and forth on the floor without any traction. Vince was a bred killer, a vice squeezing the life out of me. I was trained to handle a situation like this, and yet he'd caught me where I was most vulnerable. With her. With the gasp of the air lingering in my lungs, I screamed Scarlett's name, in hope that she would get away. To my left, Maria appeared in my peripheral vision. Maria? That bitch... Through black splotches, I could see her uncapping a needle and fear slid down my spine. I felt prideful as Scarlett rushed forward and struck Maria in the face, but then Robert grabbed her.

But soon after, there was prick in my arm, and everything had gone black.

Now in the present, Scarlett, Vince, and Maria were gone, and Fico was standing over me.