Two |Santana

I stared out the car window. Watching Cavonte hold his little sister's hand and walk up his grandma porch. He's so good with her. The whole ride here even though he was upset he still talked and played with his sister as if nothing was wrong. I can tell she loves her brother.

Jay sat bobbing his head to the latest rap song paying me no attention while he texted on his phone. I hate this song by Rich Homie Quan.

Crossing my arms I huffed, "Turn it down Jay."

He reached for the nob and turned it up even more, "Milk Marie she got a pretty pussy call it pink cus a nigga fell in love with it! She got a thing for me I go-"

Turning the music all the way down I interrupted his flow. Such trash taste in music. The song is just about a prostitute who's a cum bucket.

"Fuck wrong with you? This my car ole long neck ass. Instead of worrying about my music you need to worry about them two crooked ass teeth in the front. Ever heard of braces?"

Jay knows those have to be removed and he would try to cut.

"Shut up. I know you not talking with them dry flakes in your hair. You need to tell Dad to buy you some dandruff shampoo and some deodorant because you're musky as fuck. The only reason girls probably even give you a chance is because you standing next to Cavonte."

"Damn. Didn't know yo sister be cutting." Cavonte hopped into the backseat. I felt my cheeks heat up. He heard me. Ugh. I feel so embarrassed. He sat in the back laughing causing me to smile.

Jay started up the car. "Shut up." Was all he said. Making me crack up my own self.

"It wasn't even funny to be honest." He turned up the music.

After he dropped Cavonte at Footlocker we are home in less than twenty minutes.

Dad is sitting on the couch with Odalis, our stepmother. I was hoping that he would be home early and alone.

"Hey kids. How was school?" Odalis asked sweetly. I headed towards the kitchen rolling my eyes too.

"Ight. A lot of homework though." Jay replied before heading towards the fridge.

"Santana." Dad's deep voice said in a warning tone. I know he wants me to give her a chance but I already have a mom. I don't need two.

"It was okay." I simply said.

Dad walked into the kitchen taking a seat at the table. I was thankful Odalis didn't follow him.

"Make any new friends?"

"Nah. She's a loner. She was eating lunch by herself." Jay placed leftover pizza into the microwave and warmed it up.

"Shut up snow flakes." I said. Annoyed by him.

"Salty? Witcho lame ass." He laughed. Taking his pizza and going upstairs.

I can't stand Jay sometimes. I don't know how I missed him.

Sitting at the table with Dad I said, "Not really. It's already second semester and everyone already has their friends and cliques."

"That doesn't mean you can't fit in. You're a beautiful and sweet girl I'm sure you're going to make some friends sooner or later."

Placing my hand on my cheek I stared at the table, "I guess so."

He grabbed my hands setting them both on the table. Making me look at him. He's light skin like Jay and he has a jaw strap along with hazel eyes. Mom is dark skin and she has brown eyes too. I don't know how I came out with green eyes but grandma has green eyes. "Don't look so sad. I know you miss it with your mom but it's my turn. I'm sure you'll love it here eventually."