Extras: 2

Jaylen:

Jaylen:

"Is that everything?" I tried my best not to groan as I set a box down in the empty living space. Mom kept her word about moving back down here in Florida. I didn't think this soon. Apart of me wanted to be happy that she's here but, I still blamed her for not being a better parent. I haven't heard from her since I last saw her when she visited. Everything isn't gonna go back to the way it was so easily. She had to work for it and of course I'm going to have to put in some effort.

Mom plopped down on the couch.  Appearing tired as she lazily laid across the soft, white cushions. "No. There's two more boxes. One with my comforters and the other kitchen supplies along with cleaning products."

Santana headed out first and I followed behind her. We made sure to stay out of the movers way as they carried in furniture. New furniture as it seemed.

"Can you at least pretend like you want to be here? You offered to help Mommy remember?" Santana lectured me as we headed to Mom's car.

"We've been moving boxes for like an hour. What I look like smiling carrying boxes of heavy ass shit?"

"You don't have to smile but, you can at least wipe that frown off your face. Besides, it's been thirty minutes. I don't know how you're in shape when you don't workout."

"I do workout."

"Since when?"

"I do squats three times a day. Up and down when I go through the fridge everyday. And I stretch when reaching for snacks. And, I go up and down the stairs multiple times. If that don't work up a sweat I don't know what to tell you."

Santana scoffed as she grabbed the light weight box labeled sheets. "See if Tay was here you both would go to the gym as usual. It won't be long before summer is over and basketball season begins."

"Well he isn't here." I grabbed the last box and shut the trunk.

The look on Santana's face made me regret saying it so harshly.

"Do you even care? Brothers fight and they makeup. Stop holding a grudge about what happened and go see him. You might regret it if you don't."

"I'm not holding a grudge about the fight. Of course I want Tay to be here as much as you do but, you don't have to bring him up all the time. What if he doesn't-"

She held out her hand signaling for me to shut up. Her eyebrows furrowed and she frowned. "You should be more positive and have faith because the lack of it is showing." With that being said she walked away.

Apart of me wanted to believe Tay would suddenly wake up and things would go back to normal but, the realistic part didn't. Even if he does wake up his injuries might cause him to be paralyzed. He got shot in his chest and the side of his rib cage. The impact of his fall caused him to fracture the back of his skull. Dad has him on life support but, with injuries like that I can tell he's suffering. I know we should wait a little longer but, I rather we put him out of his misery.