Sixteen | Santana

2 1/2 Months Later

Yumiko and Catalina walked beside me. All three of us on our way to lunch. Daddy transferred me to Tremord Calvin High a week after the whole incident with Alicia. He enrolled me after hearing Jameson's mom saying that she was transferring him here. That made going to a new school even better. At least I would have a friend. Jameson and I been here ever since.

I met Yumiko on the first day. She came off very friendly and high spirited. She's brown skinned with really long, black hair. She's Japanese and Black. Her eyes are a beautiful hazel too. She's very pretty, and very tiny. Fun size even.

Catalina is beautiful, and she's Mexican. Her image screams trouble and sexiness. She looks exactly like Kylie Jenner. The big lips and all. Her big, gold hoops in her ears and her nose pierced too. I was almost jealous when I met her. She has most of my classes and she usually kept to herself but she's cool.

Tremord Calvin High is way better than Lanxton Heights. It's less drama and, most of the people here aren't so judging. I'm not saying I made friends off rip but, I made friends more easier here. Plus a lot of guys have been trying to talk to me. Since Jay isn't here I guess guys feel no threat to approach me.

I don't pay them no mind. Even though Tay barely hits up my phone anymore i'm still faithful. I know he's been busy with his music and all the interviews. Two months ago some guy named Tremaine signed him. A couple weeks after we heard one of Tay's songs on the radio. A month after that I started hearing his song being played everywhere I went. He blew up quickly. Just like Fetty Wap did with Trap Queen, and that guy that sings, "I'm in love with the coco."

His song Doubting Me is number seven on the Billboard charts. Some people say that i'm lying when I say that he's my boyfriend. I'm quick to pull out my phone to show them proof.

I even went with Tay on the Wendy Williams show. I can't say I wasn't jealous with all the girls screaming and cheering for him. It was nice though, and Tay certainly didn't forget about the people who was always here. He bought my Daddy a new house. With all of us we certainly needed a new space. Of course Daddy didn't let him pay for all of it. He had enough to buy himself a new house anyway.

The best part about it is that he bought me a car, but I can't drive it until I get my permit. It's still sitting in my driveway at home. All I know is that it's a pink, Volkswagen Beetle. It's so cute, and just for me. He also took Jay and me shopping with him. Bought us so much stuff it was crazy. Even though I loved the showering gifts I didn't want him to blow away his money so quickly. He just started getting fame and I don't want that to change him.

"Are you trying out for the dance team with me?" Miko asked me, for like the hundredth time. "Please Santana. I don't want to go alone and you know Cat isn't going to come with me."

Cat paid Miko no attention as she texted someone on her phone. Miko has a point. "What makes you think I would?"

"Because, I know how miserable you've been being away from Cavonte. That maybe auditioning can help get your mind off him. Plus you love me."

"When are we going to meet him anyway?" Cat added. Now she wants to join the conversation.

I haven't been completely miserable. I just miss him. I don't get to see him that much. Especially since he moved to Miami. He lives in a small condo but he's been traveling to other states for events. Damond & Tremaine keeping him busy.

"You can meet him after school. He's picking me up today." I told Cat. Turning my attention towards Miko I said, "Sure. When are try outs?"

"Tomorrow. If we make it we'll be going to dance camp over the summer along with the cheerleaders."