Chapter 1: Little Note

~Maka's POV~
I can hear the whispers revolve around me like mosquitos following its victim for their delicious blood. The constant whispers. Heh, they never seize to amaze me.

First there were the rumors of me making out with Kid, the son of the mayor. That rumor spread fast and it's all thanks to the twin sisters, Liz and Patty Thompson.

Actually I can't really blame them. I mean Liz is in love with the guy! But honestly, who would love a guy who has OCD.

The guy can't even go a day without making everything symmetrical! I've seen him go into one of his scenes and trust me, it scared the hell out of me.

The second rumor was that papa got arrested for molesting me. Now that rumor is just partly true.

Spirit, papa, assaulted a stripper while he was drunk. The idiot took his car and drove away after that. A cop followed him and arrested him for drunk driving.

He never molested me though. Sure the idiot tried to do so but I wouldn't let him so I would give him a MakaChop till he falls asleep.

There's actually many more rumors but I don't really want to go down the list. This school is full of pricks who think they own it all.

I walk up to my locker and pick out my books. The moment I get out my science book for Dr. Stein's class, a small folded paper falls out.

The neatly folded paper falls to my feet and I just stare at it. Maybe it's another insult from one of the raccoon girls.

But still, like I said, they never seize to amaze me. I pick up the paper looking at the cursive writing that made the word you.

I turn it around a few times but I can't seem to find who it's from. I shrug it off. No one puts who it's from if they're writing insults to me. For once they're actually using their brains that God had given them.

I place the small note into my text book so I can read in class and walk away.

"Excuse me,"

I turn around due to a small sweet voice. In front of me, I see Tsubaki Nakatsukasa, the school's innocent news reporter. She's the president of the school's newspaper.

She's wearing her medium beige ninja outfit with a bright yellow star on her right breast, white boots and a long slit on her outfit on her right leg. Her hair is done up in a high ponytail, which matches her perfectly.

"You're Maka Albarn right?" She smiles sweetly.

I nod my head a little cautious. I know she's sweet and innocent but still, she friends with Liz, Patty, Black Star, Death the Kid and Soul 'Eater' Evans!

She fits right in with the cool kids! But of course she could, she has big ass boobs! Even Liz and Patty. And I'm stuck here with a flat chest.

"Great, I'm writing an article of the Prom. How's it going so far with only a week left to plan it out?" She asks smiling.

Oh that's right! I'm the president of the prom committee! I completely forgot all about that and now I only have a week to work it out!

"Um, it's going good." I try to smile off.

"Oh can you tell me about it?" Tsubaki puts her hands together.

"Um, no I want it to be a secret!" I couldn't help but raise my voice a little.

Tsubaki takes a step back and smiles. She nods her head and walks away silently. Great now I think I made an enemy of her.

"What's her problem?"

"Right? Tsubaki was just trying to be nice."

"Maybe Maka doesn't know nice."

I can hear them whispering again. I let out a breath of air and start to walk away. I didn't mean to raise my voice to her it just came out like that.

I walk into class and sit down in the front row. There was no teacher and no other students but I know it's going to be packed once the bell rings.

The bell is going to ring in about 4 more minutes, so I might as well read what the insult of the day is. Aside from Kim saying I don't know nice.

I don't want any of the students by me saying that I'm reading notes, which I actually am, and get in trouble. So I have to read the note now.

My hands unfold each fold rudely, not caring if I ripped the piece of paper. I lick my lips and bit the bottom. I have a habit of licking my lips.

I open the note and read its neatly written contents:

Dear my beautiful Beauty,
You do not know who I am, but sure do know who you are. I can't say this to you in person because I can't say things face to face. Besides that point, I want you to know that I love you my Beauty. I can't stop thinking of you. Please smile more so I can see it.
Sincerely the Beast, your secret admirer~